Need help with setting a default installation directory for NI Installations

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by vitodoncorleoni, Oct 17, 2022.

1. vitodoncorleoni

vitodoncorleoni Ultrasonic

Hello Everyone,

Need your expert advice on how to set a default installation directory for NI Maschine Library Expansion installers.

At the moment, every time I run the installer, it points me towards C:\Users\Public Documents\<Library Name>

I have a dedicated drive for Libraries & Sounds and hence is there a way to set this to point it there by default please? For e.g., I:\Native Instruments\

It would save me a lot of time as I still have a lot more to install. Thank you in advance. :)

3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

One technique to deal with that is to use a symlink.
    In my signature you can see a link to that.
    It is nice in many ways, but also for installing. Once a single library (or pack, etc) is installed, you simply move (copy-paste, then confirm it copied OK and only then...delete original). Once you "move" the original, create a symlink to take its place.
    Further installs will simply follow the symlink and end up wherever that went.

I many TB of DAW libraries on other drives using this method.
    It is a method native to Windows and the links can be made manually, but a great TOOL for working with symlinks is the one I mentioned.

It is possible that there is a registry entry you could change to alter the path, but I don't know for Maschine.
    Another way is to create a regular shortcut in the default location and select that. It should take you to your directory from there. I do that sometimes, too.