Need Help with "No Previous Installation Found" Error When Installing Kontakt 7 on Mac M1 (Ve

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Yokedgod, Sep 4, 2024 at 9:17 PM.

1. Yokedgod

Yokedgod Newbie

Hey everyone,

I'm running into an issue while trying to install Kontakt 7 on my Mac M1, which is running Monterey. I’ve downloaded the full version of Kontakt 7, but whenever I try to install it, I get this error message: “No previous installation found. Please run the full product installer before running this update installer.”

Some context:

• I’m installing everything on my Mac’s internal SSD, not an external hard drive.
    • The installer I’m using is supposed to be the full version, including the Factory Library, so I’m confused about why this error is coming up.
    • I’ve seen suggestions on the NI forums about using Native Access to relink folders, or even using Terminal to fix paths, but I’m not sure if that’s relevant to my situation.
    Things I’ve tried:

• Ensuring that I’m using the full version installer (not an update).
    • Checking that all previous installations are completely removed before trying again.
    Has anyone else encountered this issue on Monterey? Could there be something wrong with the installation paths or something else I’m overlooking? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

You should always include the complete version information, like 7.1.1. Also, what file size is the Kontakt installer you are running? That can be a quick tipoff to it being an update version. Not including the factory library details.

4. Yokedgod

Yokedgod Newbie

Kind: Installer package
    886,149,438 bytes (886.2 MB on disk)
    Where:/Volumes/Kontakt 7 MORiA
    It should be Kontakt 7.8.1