Need help with a certain sound guys, please

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by tom2030, Sep 8, 2022.

1. tom2030

tom2030 Noisemaker

Hey guys I'm looking to try and recreate this type of pad or ambience in the track "yes I can" from bixx.
    it's the vocal pad sound that comes in at 2.31. I'm also wondering what type of pad may have been used in this track by Darren Porter
    at 2.30. These sounds are ones I would love to be able to work towards creating on this level but I have no idea how. Endless presets on sylenth or spire just don't get anywhere near this level, so I'm wondering if these are possibly kontakt or omnisphere, if even! If any one familiar with creating these sounds could please give me some suggestions as to what direction I should look in, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

those sound really good and no matter what you download that's not just going to happen via preset. the choirs are obviously the sounds where the most realism is important. Omnisphere has some good ones, but something like these tracks could be one of the East West things.
    The rest you could make with Kontakt libraries, DSP56300 Virus Emulator, Omnisphere, Diva, etc. Other things you probably already have, good luck getting it to sound like these. :)

4. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Clone is bang on the money. Take a look at this video 20 minutes in

https://soundsonline.com/vocals/symphonic-choirs-

Th pad itself after those vocal sounds will be quite easy to create.

I will just say though Xpand2 from Air Music Tech might get you fairly close they have some excellent vocal pads!

A you tube video on Xpand2 here: 7.30 mins in to the video is on choirs

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  5. tom2030

tom2030 Noisemaker

6. tom2030

tom2030 Noisemaker

Thanks for taking the time lad. Yeah I hear ya, I should know a preset will not produce that but these guys are so good at reproducing similar sounds on many of their different tracks so I think the choir vocals are really Important like you said. Can I ask what you mean by the east west reference?

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

EastWest make plugin based sample libraries, and some of the ones they are best known for are the Hollywood Choirs.

[​IMG]

8. tom2030

tom2030 Noisemaker

I didn't realise you were talking about a plugin, sorry!! I Appreciate the advice lad thanks alot, at least I know now there is no one correct method to achieve this type of sound and i may never get it sounding as good!! I will try this new plugin out for sure, and the rest mentioned, thank you very much!

9. tom2030

tom2030 Noisemaker

Lad thanks alot for the taking the time to post! Yeah I listened to the symphonic choir pack and the xpand plugin too and am really excited with some of the sounds gona get them for sure! Just to ask where you are saying the pad itself will he easy to recreate do you mean the pad on the tracks I sent as I would like to know how to create either pad from either of the tracks I sent?

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

No problem. One of the biggest constants in music is that there are always 15 different ways to do the exact same thing.

EastWest Hollywood are as premium quality as you will find. There are many libraries and a subscription service. I don't use them, and in the rare instance I want a choir patch Omnisphere is good enough. There are good ones for Kontakt, but the EW are easily the most "famous". Everything else you could do on the Virus, wether or not it's what they used.

Those tunes you posted sound pro, so they are well produced and anything that good will take a lot of effort; even after you are using the preferred tools.

11. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

There are plenty of pads inside that software for you to merely layer over the choir voices, but in terms of a pad from scratch, A good quality bright piano with lots of reverb and strings with a very slow attack then added with something like LFO tool will give you the basis of the sound you want. Of course, to recreate is always harder than finding something you like purely by trial and error. I do believe however that will get you in the right ballpark.

If anyone can add to, or offer better advice, heck I'm always willing to learn something new too.

12. edgardvarese

edgardvarese Newbie

The synth element of the pad is almost certainly Spire, it's excellent for synth pads & is the main 'go to' synth used for this kind of music. As others have said, just layer it with orchestral (full orchestra) & choral kontakt library stuff - pretty easy really.