Need help: Pro Tools Session - Old Version Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by CheerfulBee, Sep 7, 2018.

1. CheerfulBee

CheerfulBee Newbie

Hello,

Iam using ProTools 12 HD v12.5.0.395 by AudioUtopia which is working fine since some months now. But I just installed iZotope Ozone 8 to try some mastering plugins for my song to finish and right after the installation and opening PT 12, my latest session of the song I am working on cant be opened by Pro Tools, saying "This session cant be opened, since it was created with an older version of Pro Tools".
    Older session versions can be opened just fine.

I already tried moving iZotope to the unused plugins folder, didnt help. I thinking at the moment, it has actually nothing to do at all with the new plugin.

I saved everything properly before and just bounced it, but sadly I made a mistake having only half the song bounced.
    I am quite in a trouble at the moment. I am almost done with the song and spent the last two days fine tuning it and would loose quite some tweaking if I need to go back to an older session save.

Anyone knows this problems or has an idea what I could try? :(

Thanks for your time!

3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Are you opening directly from disk or the the PT dialog?

Have you tried importing session data?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. CheerfulBee

CheerfulBee Newbie

Thanks for your reply, importing session data didnt help.
    However, I didnt know there was an automatic backup function for each session, with an folder in each session full of different saves for each session. The latest file of these backups worked just fine and I could continue my work.