Need Help: Pro Tools + Asio

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by keyone1, Nov 11, 2018.

1. keyone1

keyone1 Noisemaker

hey guys,

i really hope someone can help me here.

case 1 Asio4all: when starting pro tools youtube videos doesn't work anymore and when my audio interface isn't plugged in, the sound in pro tools is totally weird....

case 2 FL Asio: Sound is normal, youtube works just fine. But my mic doesn't work....

Hardware (it's a mobile setup):
    Behringer XENYX 302USB
    Art Tube MP Studio V3
    Rode NT1A

ps. i am a windows user

3. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

try this !

second try to change your audio playback device not as pro tools default but rather your interface !

4. keyone1

keyone1 Noisemaker

thanks for your replay. i appreciate it...
    you got my hopes up, but it doesn't work....

so the first suggestion doesn't work and i already had the right Hz value...

the second one: well it might work with my audio interface. didnt test it yet
    BUT without my audio interface: it doesn't work. Plus like i said in my initial post, the sound from Pro Tools is weird (echo)....

btw i am using a notebook, hence its speaker...

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

You have echo, as in feedback (including intense latency)? Then disable the laptop mic and choose your audio interface mic input (and use headphones ofc!).

I use PT with ASIO drivers (with PT) without any issues. Seems like you need to set up your ins and out.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  6. Agent007

Agent007 Banned

AFIK with ASIO4ALL you cant have your DAW and any other player that uses it at same time. That is one of the reasons I dont use it. FL ASIO kills you with its latency. I dont even use it with FL Studio. Have you tried Magix Low Latency? How about O Deus ASIOLink Pro?

7. keyone1

keyone1 Noisemaker

@Baxter nope no latency and mic is disabled in asio4all. it sounds more tinny than echo like. it is difficult to describe.....
    @Agent007 thanks for the info. i will look into Magix Low Latency and O Deus ASIOLink tomorrow!

8. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

#1 Usin' ProTools HD Utopia? That software takes exclusive right over your audiointerface, doesn't let other applications use it while PT is running.
    Only way is to use another interface (like your onboard soundcard) for every other application running at the same time.
    You could however run a cable from the onboard line-out to the 2-track input on the Xenyx, for easy switching.

#2 Did you connect you mic with a properly wired XLR-XLR cable? The NT1A needs phantom power. Did it work before with that cable and mixer?

9. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Comb-ey? Are you hearing the direct sound (no latency) and the monitoring sound (with latency) at the same time, which causes comb filtering?

10. keyone1

keyone1 Noisemaker

hey guys,

i got a good deal on black friday. I now have steinberg ur22 mkII and all my problems are gone.
    Anyways i only wanted to say thank you for your efforts! i appreciate it...