Need Help Finding Song

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Meteo Xavier, May 16, 2020.

1. Meteo Xavier

Meteo Xavier Ultrasonic

Howdy. I'm liking posting my inquiries here as I'm getting more comfortable at it. Here's another one that's eluded me for several years.

Here's the most/best information that I have to date.

I was at a Pancake Breakfast place with my mom some years ago when I heard this playing over the radio. The restaurant was pretty noisy, so all I could make out in the song was a guy really, really belting it out with this John Parr - St. Elmos Fire-type voice, but the only instrumentation on the song is a warm pad for chords and possibly bass. There might've been bass and/or drums, but they are so insignificant in the mix that there's no way to get an indication they're used in the song. It's a slow, droning song while this John Parr-type guy is belting it the fuck out - it feels like any moment it's going to drop and the full arrangement kicks in, but it never does.

I feel like it might not have been a single, maybe someone's B-side that occasionally found/finds rotation on classic rock stations not originally meant to be someone's radio hit by itself.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Thank you much.

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

So it's an 80s thing though? Presumably?

4. Meteo Xavier

Meteo Xavier Ultrasonic

It has to be, I don't think any other era would have had the balls and opulence to put it out something like it on the radio. The only other song that I can think of relying so much on a warm pad as the main accompaniment is Sinead O'Connor's version of "Nothing Compares 2 U", but whatever track I'm questing on is definitely not that one.