Need advise on installing Kontakt 6 and NI Noire beside a legit version.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mezzo, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Mezzo

Mezzo Newbie

Hi guys,

Searched the forum but could not find a proper answer for how to properly install NI Noire (exe and dmg) with crkd Kontakt 6 beside a legit Kontakt 6 version on both Windows and Mac.

Concerning the Kontakt 6 software, I understand that installing in a different folder (than the original folder of the legit version) is required. I use both Windows 10 and a Hackintosh version of Mac OS Mojave in a dual-boot configuration.

NI Noire has to be installed with the .exe file in Windows and on Mac with the dmg file.
    Both systems have their own approach.
    So what are the proper steps to install the software beside a legit Kontakt version. They must be able to work side by side.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

3. Talula

Talula Rock Star

for windows you can use cracked kontakt portable.
    1. NOIRE - is just a library, you (as you not advanced user) can't change installation options using NI installers. but... see next.
    2. searched? I can't believe you, because here you can find TOO MUCH threads with answer for you question.

4. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

Install first on another PC (or in a virtual machine). Installing will extract the library. Then take the installed library folder to your DAW, and use portable Kontakt 6 to add the library.

5. Mezzo

Mezzo Newbie

There may be answers, but some usefull answers refelcting my particular situation only occur after reading several pages of threads.
    And thanks for your kind, "non-judgemental" response.

6. Mezzo

Mezzo Newbie

Thanks for your response. I will give it a try.

7. Astronaut2Moon

Astronaut2Moon Kapellmeister

As I understand it, YES, I can install a legit Kontakt via Native Access without breaking my cracked Kontakt if the cracked version is portable and resides on a removable external disk and the legit version is installed normally on disk (C:/), correct?

BUT, the only problem/doubt that still plagues me is: my computer has some folders with Native Instruments settings in "Documents", "ProgramData" and "Program Files" (I use Windows 10).

Could it cause an error or would it be better to install the legitimate one in a virtual machine?

Thank you for the patience!