Need Access Virus A advice

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Bunford, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I have always used soft synths and have just invested in an Access Virus A after getting a really good deal on it. However, being new to hardware synthesis, I am a bit stumped as to where to begin.

Has anybody got advice on using this synth, where to start or know of any video resources that would help with learning it? I fully plan to experiment my way through it, but want to learn the fundamentals first.

3. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Access Virus its still software... same thing and well done. No learning curve really.
    Since its old you must search in Access site for patches, drives, converters and editors.

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I know that it is a virtual analogue synth. However, I'm more about specific to the device, i.e. finding way around menu system, basic usage etc before I can actually get cracking with making sounds with it

5. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

AudioZ have many presets and tutorial, you can go there, presets are a good start.
    I think that an editor must be your first priority to make it more easy.
    The more old/rare the synth is more difficult to find goodies... sometimes a lone religion, but all the tutorial for other synths are valid too.

6. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

Aside from MIDI Channels, FX parameters and the like, most of the knobs on the front are straight forward subtractive synthesis. It's a lot like the Nord Lead except a bit more menu diving for the FX.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List