Need a simple synth with badass oscillators

Discussion in 'Software' started by iluvhiphop, Feb 23, 2020.

1. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

Hi boys.

I am on the lookout for a simple vst synthesizer, that doesn't have a gazillion parameters and buttons.
    Specifically, I am interested in something that has oscillators like the Arturia Microfreak, or anything like what Mutable Instruments make. Normal simple synth, but with crazy oscillators.

I just wanna be able to dial in some silly sounds really fast :)

3. tun

tun Rock Star

if it is the waveforms you want to be crazy, then any wavetable synth that allows you to import waveforms can be as crazy as you want it. some synths even allow you to edit waveforms directly in the synth. i believe serum can do this, but i dont know how flexible the editor is.

4. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

There are litterly so many vsts out there that can accomplish what your are looking for. This thread would be a difference in opinion in my opinion lol. If all else fails you can resort to presets and tweak what you are looking for. Like tun said serum is pretty flexible on most genres but so are so many other synths out there.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  5. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

presonus mojito ?

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

7. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

My vote is for Aalto: you can go crazy just moving the knobs in the complex osc section (Buchla inspired I think). And there's a monophonic CM (Computer Magazine) version you can get for the price of a magazine.

updated: Sorry, I overlooked you said SIMPLE lol. Aalto is complex as f***!!! But everything is in one page (no tabs or hidden stuff, at least in the CM version). Nice for live tweaking!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  8. tun

tun Rock Star

i duckduckgoed this and realised it is a built in synth in studio one. i am a studio one user for about 2 weeks now and didnt even know :)

it doesnt look like the oscillator is that crazy though. looking at the picture and reading the description alone it looks like it doesnt do much other than crossfade between saw and pulse, with width control. i havent tried it yet though. is there more to it?

9. tun

tun Rock Star

10. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

Hi everyone, thanks for all the suggestions. A lot of them however, are wavetable synths. Or just plain old analog synths (with all respect, nothing wrong with those) but it's not at all what I am looking for. I need something as basic as, say a plain old minimoog. But with an oscillator section that can do this:
    without 20 knobs and parameters.

Look up, well, basically any oscillator made by mutable instruments. They all have very few buttons, but can generate sooo many sick tones.

11. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

12. pizzafresser

pizzafresser Producer

Audjoo Helix has morphable oscillators. The GUI can be a little intimidating at first but it's actually simple and has a nice modulation matrix.

13. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

I use this currently with the bridge. This is a modular synth though, and doesn't come as VSTi :(

15. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

What about TAL Noisemaker?

IMO what makes a synth "badass" relies more on the filters andenvelopes than on the oscillators.

16. Polomo

Polomo Guest