Need a favor from whoever owns an EDIROL/Roland SD-90/SD-80

Discussion in 'Synthesizers' started by Xeraser, May 6, 2022.

1. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

I traded my SRX-12 card for an SRX-09 in hopes of getting the original SR-JV80-18 patches to work. The patches came on an CD-ROM bundled with the cards and someone was kind enough to convert them from the XV format to the Fantom-X format. Problem is that THE ONE PATCH I NEEDED wasn't converted properly and sounds nothing like it should.

Can someone with an SD-90 or ideally an SD-80 with the PC editor please screenshot ALL the parameters for patch 57 "Romantic Tp" in the "Solo" set? I can open the editor and even select the patch but I can't actually view anything about it without the hardware, only the preset names are hardcoded.

And yes, I know about the .bins for the SRX VSTs. That one patch is broken on there too and I just don't like those VSTs whatsoever.

3. samsome

samsome Guest

not sure but take a look here if the info is there

https://www.cosmosmusic.com/upload/board/board_pds_manual/SD-90_e3.pdf

4. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

5. Saxxon Fox

Saxxon Fox Newbie

"It doots real good when you toot it," they say. I've screenshotted the patch using my own SD-80 and Roland's own editor.

Best of luck. You have a long evening duplicating all these parameters ahead of you.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

6. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

Thank you! I'm away from home right now but I'll test it as soon as I come back. I did get help from a friend but he just listed all the non-init parameters instead of sending me the screenshots. I'll compare his patch to the screenshot and see if I need to adjust anything else.

HOWEVER what was messing me up is that the "RomanticTp" or whatever from the SD-80/90 has NOTHING to do with the patch of the same name found in both the SR-JV card and the SRX card. They share the same name and that's it. That's why I was so confused. The actual waveform used isn't "RomanticTp xxx" from the SR/SRX card but it's actually "TpVibMari A". I didn't know that.

Unfortunately that waveform has an extra sample in the higher register (which was removed entirely from the SDs) so I had to duplicate the tone and set it to play in the higher register only after detuning it. Ever so slightly different end result from an SD but it's more than close enough.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022