Nebula3 CUDA Problem

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Feonix, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Feonix

Feonix Newbie

Hi guys,

I installed the 64-bit version of Nebula3's Server plugin today and I also installed version 5.0 of NVIDiA's CUDA Toolkit. When I double-clicked on the "TestCuda64" executable I got this error:

"The program can't start because cudart64_40_17.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Do I have to double-click the executable from a specific folder? Also, I have a "NeCuBr03.dylib" file that came with the Nebula3 CUDA download but have no idea where to put that. I read somewhere that I need to have NVIDiA's CUDA Toolkit v4 installed instead of version 5 -- which I did but I didn't uninstall version 5 first (I just installed over it). Does anyone have any ideas? It would be much appreciated!

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Steinberg Cubase 7 64-bit.

3. manight

manight Newbie

Don't bother about NeCuBr03.dylib

For the missing .dll you have to uninstall cuda toolkit v.5 and google search for cuda toolkit v.4 in the cuda developers site archive.

EDIT. sorry didn't read all your post. try unistalling first and then installing v.4 (it HAS TO BE v.4 and not v.4.1 for example)

4. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

Honestly, it's not worth the hassle.
    The latency it introduces makes it unworkable for me, dunno why i bothered to try in the first place as my i7 is not hitting 100% in any of my projects anyways heheh.
    :mates:

5. Feonix

Feonix Newbie

Unfortunately, everytime I try installing CUDA v4 it always fails. Anybody have a work-around or something?