Nebula help

Discussion in 'Software' started by iluvhiphop, Jul 25, 2018.

1. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

Need some help. I remember downloading a bunch of libraries for nebula and running it on the free version of nebula for Mac OSX a couple of years back. Couple of days ago I was in need of a good spring-verb, and came to think about Nebula. Been a nightmare so far. Nebula3 free or nebula4 player will not recognize any library at all. Nothing shows up. Vst and Au is correctly installed. I copy the things stuff to the programs and vectors folder, but nothing shows up. On nebula 3, the preamps, verbs and programs that actually come bundled with the free version works fine though, but I am just interested in a good spring, so not very useful :/

Anyone else has similar problems? I am probably doing something very simple wrong.

3. Tod Slaughter

Tod Slaughter Ultrasonic

N4player will only run 3rd party acqua-style plugins no idea n3free

4. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

You need the paid version of Nebula to use 3rd party libs... theirs an old version across the street on AZ that will load older libs but anything newer of the last few years will need the newest version on Nebula Pro 3 Server or Nebula 4 ;) if you are serious about using Nebula buy it its well worth it for what you get ;) Been a long time Nebula user here so \m/

5. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

Are you sure? Because around 2014/2015, all third party libraries worked fine in the free version that was on their website?

I am not actually such a fan of Acustica Audio. I demoed Cream and Gold channel strips, and I am not really impressed. I just remember using a bx-20 spring verb in Nebula, and it sounded absolutely fantastic. I cannot justify buying it to use 1-2 reverb libraries.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Only specific Nebula 3 libraries worked with the N3 free, it was made for people to demo libraries so developers would make a few presets that would give you a taste of the full library, so you have always needed the normal N3 or N4 to use the full libraries. Those demo presets are long gone today as are most of the older developers are gone as people posted their libraries online for free, destroying their business.

AA recently released N4 Player as the free version of N4 and you can download full N4 libraries using Aquarius to demo, unfortunately there are only a small amount of N4 libraries on Aquarius but they are quality libraries.

FWIW maybe demo Ebony as it is an EMT 140 Plate and EMI gear in a channel strip and sounds killer, it's also the only Acqua verb as of today.

Also, that BX-20 spring you loved was from VNXT.

7. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

Okay. Well, that's a damn shame. Yes the spring was indeed from VNXT. I got the SoundToys little Plate already. Might give Ebony a run. Plates are always useful. Thanks for the tip. Seeing as Nebula is probably out of the picture, what's the next best thing when you need a good springverb???

8. WillTheWeirdo

Look at Liquidsonics, still top quality IR technology but in a normal plugin form.

9. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Yes im positive ! lol

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

Hm. That's strange because I am 99% sure that I just used the demo thing. But if that's not possible... well ;)

11. WillTheWeirdo

You may have used the N3 Free back then, but then only the demo VNXT library spring program would run in it.
    The full VNXT programs will only work with the normal N3 or N4.

12. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Brother we are here to help you ;) you did ask for help right ? no disrespect to you at all but Consider myself and @WillTheWeirdo you could say Experts in the operations of Acustica Audio products. Will is a beta tester for AA and im sure like myself hes been using their products since they where first introduced ;) I personally own and have purchased with the exception of a few libs almost every library AA and Nebula 3rd party Devs have to offer. N3 and N4 paid is the answer ;) Best Regards ;)

13. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

14. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

Well I hope I didn't seem unappreciative :/ I was just really sure I used the free version, since that one version on the sister site is not available for mac. Must have been running it in bootcamp or something like that. What do I know, it's years ago :)

Thanks for helping out. I found a whole bunch of free impulse-responses that sound really good. It doesn't sound as alive as nebula, they definately better than spiritverb, and that sk-note spring thing.