Nebula 4.5 €89 for one week!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by northwinds, Mar 15, 2022.

1. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

A description won't hurt.

What is Nebula?

From dev:

Experience the full power of our ground-breaking proprietary audio processing technology, based on Vectorial Volterra Kernels, and find out what Nebula technology can do for your audio!
    Nebula is a multi-effect plug-in that emulates several types of exotic audio equipment, eliminating the need for costly hardware, bringing you worlds of new options.
    Nebula uses libraries which are created by a sophisticated “sampling approach”, making it possible to virtually capture all of the subtle nuances of the sonic imprint of any sampled audio device, and then make them easily available for you to use throughout your audio projects.
    The results of this sampling process are revolutionary complex reproductions of many types of coveted and harmonically rich audio signal processors, captured with a realism unheard of until now. These emulations are accessed by means of a convenient VST/AAX/AudioUnit plug-in that is compatible with all major DAW's and editing software. With Nebula, it is now possible to have many instances of classic and cutting edge hardware emulations, limited only by your imagination and your computer’s resources.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. dfox2

dfox2 Noisemaker

Hi,

Are the libraries shared in the sister site from previous versions of Nebula compatible with this v4.5?

If so, is it safe to use them with a bought/paid version of this Nebula 4.5? I think I read it is safe as they are just samples loaded into Nebula but just to make sure as it is a good moment to buy it now that it is discounted.

5. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Samples are not "cracked", yeah they work with legit and non legit nebula.

6. dfox2

dfox2 Noisemaker

Thanks for the info hackerz4life :wink: By the way there was a Nebula 4 shared in the sister site but supposedly it connected to the server and finally could get it blocked – does it work after all these months or it is a bad idea to use it?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  7. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

I bought version 4 a while back for $99 in a Black Friday sale or something. It actually took me a while to get my head round using it and what it could do. IMO £99 or €89 here for it is a good deal as opposed to the €399 full price. My thinking was to buy this for it's potential when the price was good and I've had no unsurmountable issues with anything mentioned above.
    I do think the use of 3rd party skins is a real bonus and the likes of the ones offered by JPN skins and Azzimov are really brilliant!
    I especially like Azzimov's skins along with his setups which usually contain library tweaks to make them run better.
    I have regular patreon payment going his way every month and I think it's very worth while!
    Given also that he's Ukranian and last I heard he was hiding out in the country with his family, I'm not expecting his offerings to restart anytime soon but certainly won't be cutting his payments meantime!
    https://www.patreon.com/azzimov/posts?filters[tag]=Announcement

Also on the patreon front AlbertoRS Has a create setup with patreon only N4 videos that really help understand a lot of the things that confused me:
    https://www.patreon.com/arizzoschettino/posts

8. dfox2

dfox2 Noisemaker

Nice links northwinds – thanks. So you think AlbertoRS videos are needed to understand how it all works or are there videos on youtube that can explain it well? New plugins are getting better and better – is Nebula still worthwhile in terms of sound improvement getting close to the hardware?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  9. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

I'll pass on the 3gb compressors...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Do not install cracked nebula IF you have legit acustica plugins. If you have no acustica plugins ( aquarius installed ) then there is nothing to worry about.

11. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

I'm not saying the AlbertoRS videos are needed but they certainly helped with my understanding with what can be initially a very complex system.

Whether it's worth it in terms of sound improvement or not is really a subjective question.

One thing I do like (which I partly picked up from one of Alberto's videos) is that if you own any of the AA plugins (as opposed to Nebula Libraries) there is an option to install through the Aquarius app as either an AA plugin or a Nebula plugin - taking the latter option means that you can open said plugin within Nebula and actually tweak it from within as you see necessary.

12. dfox2

dfox2 Noisemaker

I have some of the Free Aquarius plugins that Acustica offers from time to time so then that's a problem - I am thinking about purchasing the new 4.5. unless they offer that price again in the future.

Good to know - if I get Nebula I will check those videos.

13. tsyo

tsyo Newbie

it's tempting at this price if it's possible to use the sister's site library

14. GüntherDelirium

GüntherDelirium Member

Some of them are still there I think. But most of them are so cheap,you can not do much wrong. Especially when you hear/feel them. Even TimPs cheapest comps like the FocusComp are so damn good. No comparison to other ITB compressors (the same goes for Cupwise or AlexB with his Equalizers).
    So with the price at the moment, you should try it. It take some time, to get used to some of the workflow, but the sound is incomparable (if you don´t use hardware)
    PS: And with maximov & JPN skins/setups it´s much easier to work with N4, change libraries etc.

15. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

Agreed!

16. dondada

dondada Rock Star

is there a shop for the skins, like Birdline?

17. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

You can get the skins from the Azzimov link I put above or just search jpn skins on facebook.
    Both of them did some freebies.

18. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

There is also this skin developer too: https://www.facebook.com/nebulaskins/
    Make sure to check his VNXT E140 skin post which he is using to highlight Max/Azzimov's situation in the Ukraine.

19. Barmaley (covid edition)

Barmaley (covid edition) Kapellmeister

Only skins? They have not made the projector holograms to replace an analog studio? Not?
    The sound is not required, enough bypass. :)

20. macros

macros Guest

thats why i only work in my daw using my VR Headset! haha i wrote this out as a joke (i mean... it is a joke, i wish i had extra coin for VR.) but based on the limited experience i've had at a VR arcade and an old friend years ago who got it when it came out for steam- people i think underestimate how powerful VR can be until they've actually experienced how successfully it tricks your brain into thinking its a real space. i did a demo for the facebook one (fuck facebook lol) at a best buy, and i was in the POV of a rock climber. the climber fell and my stomach IRL no joke sunk. its not that the graphics are photo realistic but that the SPACE is.

so now i'm extrapolating music production and VR. certain things i don't think you'd EVER want to replace with VR unless like that haptic feedback shit gets light years ahead... like i would want a REAL keyboard to play not a virtual keyboard which i think in theory would work if you used some of those fancier glove type controllers (if those exist. if they don't they will... i mean the power glove existed.). but given that the sensitivity is dialed in things like faders and knobs i think COULD be in VR. that doesn't sound very cool but imagine being able to adjust the resolution/amount you can adjust of a fader from like the few inches you have on your controller to the entire length of your body in VR.

i feel like in theory you could make a virtual studio around you that you could switch stuff in and out of on the fly. you'd be able to go from using a mouse with an x/y axis and a few inputs and a qwerty keyboard to Tony Stark with his hologram projectors. i never got good enough at coding to think about how complicated this all would be, it'd certainly be a processing power hit and $$$. but all the plugins you could keep 2d and use their GUI. imagine looking to your right and there is a wall of all of the VSTs you have in the project, and you just reach over pinch the one you want to adjust, tweak it and slide it back.

THE FUTURE I TELLZ YA