(NDE) Sonic Sirius 1 - Comments, improvements and tips are welcome.

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by BEAT16, Jan 11, 2022.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Comments, improvements and tips are welcome. Thank you !
    1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

3. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

These are demos for presets yes?

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Yes !

5. Stuck In The 80s

But do you not think it's hard for a preset song to shine with such restrictions?
    Outside of classical music, I can't think of an instrumental track that restricts itself to a single instrument/timbre.

Even dueling guitars had a banjo to offset the acoustic guitar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Thank you @Stuck In The 80s for your review, it really helps me.

7. Stuck In The 80s

I'm honestly struggling.
    If these are preset demos, then 30 seconds of a melody should suffice.

Stretching these out to a full song with no other sounds to contrast the lead ultimately is going to jar.
    The brain craves contrast, tension, release etc.

I'm not even sure musical geniuses like Prince could have created a decent song with such limitations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Thanks @Stuck In The 80s for the valuable review, I can do something with that.

9. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I have to agree with Stuck In The 80s.
    When I found your patches years ago, they kind of... put me off from downloading at first.

Later I came across them and gave it a download anyways and they were surprisingly much better than your demo. I actually had no idea why the patches sound better in my single midi sequence than in your full track demos. But after reading what Stuck In The 80s said about them being made with that patch only, I realized why they differed so greatly.

You really would save a lot of time by throwing together a single sequence that suits that patch than trying to make an entire track with just that preset. If it's a pluck then a simple melody will do, if an arp then a single long legato sequence will suffice, and if they are pads/keys then a few chords thrown together and looped will do the trick...etc. It would also translate your patches in a more honest manner.

Less time/effort = better output = more downloads in this situation.

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Thank you @Donut Nyamer for your assessment, it's a great help to me.

11. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

You're welcome bro, you don't have to work that hard because you're already breading up the whole music community and that's more than enough hard work for a decade.
    :hifive::hifive::cheers::drunks::hifive::hifive:

I had a similar realization when I felt dishonest about how much content I was putting into my own music when in reality I was over working myself because the sweet spot for me; believe it or not was in less effort, less time put in and a far more spontaneous output as a result.

I came to that realization because a client kept begging to sit in one of my sessions so I finally let him against every fiber in my body because I'm a hermit when I work but it paid off to peel my eyes to how much unnecessary shit I was doing for no good reason at all.

If you have to think too hard about it and you aren't going with your gut instinct or response then it's already not genuine. Took me a lifetime to figure that one out. @BEAT16 When you were starting out, you needed to put in all that hard work and time but once you learn your way around the elements then you can just come in, record a fart and process it to your advantage quicker than eating the burrito that produced that fart.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022