(NDE) Losing Touch (EQ/Mix issues)

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Blacklight District, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Blacklight District

Blacklight District Kapellmeister

I’m working on a set of tracks for my new synthpop project and I’m struggling to get everything to sit right - but especially the low end and vox. Any advice, tips, tricks… would be hugely appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  3. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

The first voice synth needs a fade-in.
    Reduce the boominess.
    Tame those annoying loud HH.

4. Blacklight District

When you say "first voice synth" are you referring to the one at 0:08 ?

5. Ryck

Ryck Guest

The bass (KIck) was what I liked first of all. I think it has good and nice bass.
    I agree with tigre. The HH is terribly annoying. The one in the center and the one on the Left side. It totally disconnects you from the music.
    also that guitar in the background is very nice to hear

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Yep, it needs a fade-in parallel to the level of the arrangement.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

De-Ess the Hats. It may still be too prominent, but either way it will be way less "annoying". The transient sound at 32 seconds could come down a tiny bit also. (it stands out like your hat). it is kind of bright sounding patch, so you could do other things to just make it blend a little easier also.

8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

There are too many things to mention, mixing-wise. The high-end is just insane and the drums are really inconsistent and lacking.
    I would look for someone to look over this programming-wise and mixing-wise. Go the extra mile and pay someone who knows what they are doing. Then send it off to get mastered (real mastering engineer and not some A.I).

Edit: Quick test:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  9. Blacklight District

Thanks for all the good advice, everyone - sincerely. I'm going back in and seeing what I can do to implement some of these suggestions. It's hard when you have rough elements from the start and you start to overlook them as you progress. Having a fresh pair of ears to point them out is super helpful. I will come back with some improvements.

I would love to be able to pay professionals to work on the mixes and ultimately the mastering - however, I am but one man of humble means. So, for now, it will have to be an ongoing learning experience.