Native Instruments Reaktor 6.5.0 brings VST3 and native Apple Silicon support

Discussion in 'Software News' started by BEAT16, Feb 5, 2023.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

3. spncart

spncart Producer

4. BlackWinny

BlackWinny Platinum Record

I don't have Reaktor so I can't say but a few weeks ago they also released a new "version" of FM8 with VST3 support. The problem is that their recent "VST3" edition didn't bring ANY of the VST3 features. It was just recompiled in VST3, period, without any VST3 functionality. No GUI resizing capabilities, no system resource optimization, no change in memory preset handling, no change in MIDI and audio input/output channels. And the bugs are still there. In fact they just recompiled the plugin in VST3 to appease the user requests that have been around for years and years. A monumental piss-take.

With this new bullshit from them (one more to add to the countless precedents that are becoming a permanent behavior towards their customers), on this first of January 2023 I have definitely stopped all use of Native Instruments products. There are many other brands that now make perfectly competitive products. Even Kontakt is becoming less and less attractive over the years.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Great action @BlackWinny and thanks for your valuable contribution.

We need a different business model. Actually, we should all pool money and pay a programmer to build an FM synth with all the refinements and most notorious wishes. Unfortunately we are all disorganized and that's why everything will stay as it is.

I only have the NI - FM7 and the NI Pro-53 installed, they are stone cold but they sound just fine.

2023-02-05_180733.jpg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  6. lisalis

lisalis Newbie

Sadly its still the case that nothing come close to reaktor in term of diversity of plugins developped. I love so many plugins in it.
    But yeah NI kind of sucks but i bet updating reaktor that much would brick a lot of previous things made in it ?