Native Instruments proper update install order

Discussion in 'Software' started by TnF, May 11, 2014.

1. TnF

TnF Newbie

Hello this might sound a bit stupid but in Native instruments software, can i just jump updates? For example let's say i have Battery 4.0.0, do i need to install 4.0.2, 4.1.0, 4.1.1 and then 4.1.2? Or i can just skip to 4.1.2 in one go? I know library updates on most products are separate but i might missing something?

Regards,
    TnF

3. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

Just the latest :)

4. TnF

TnF Newbie

Thanks a lot!

5. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

Running the standalone version of each product at least once after an update is a good idea too, i had heaps of problems with presets and libraries etc if i didn't.

6. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

This is correct. It seems as though youd need to update with every update. But the application patches carry over from 4.0 to 4.1.2 and on. If they patched it in 4.0.1 it will still be fixed in 4.0.2.

All X.X.# updates are small fixes and such
    All X.# updates are significant changes
    All #.X updates are usually huge changes

and so on.

Library updates its the same stories. BUT for Native Instruments they sometimes update the .wav files as well (fixing end points [sounds that end early or dont loop properly]) so its important to ALWAYS update the wav files and whatever NI format your updating (Nki, Mgrp, reaktor, absynth, etc).

7. TnF

TnF Newbie

Thanks again for the responses. I think they only use separate libraries for the big ones, while in other programs, each (number).x.x update covers everything from the first version. That's why the update files usually are bigger and bigger with each update. Btw is there a way to use the service centre to check for updates with the audioz releases? Thanks!

8. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

You could, though i would avoid it. You can check version numbers on service center, BUT DO NOT update. If you update from service center it WILL break your cracks. BUT i know 100% that service center WILL NOT show updates if you do not own it. But it will show version numbers under the third tab on the right.

I know this because i own a legit Komplete Ultimate.