Native Instruments Presents Native Access 2

Discussion in 'Software News' started by YungstarProd, Aug 19, 2022.

1. YungstarProd

YungstarProd Member

3. holdup13

holdup13 Kapellmeister

I use it, I've encountered no issues with k'ed kontakt yet.

4. iphobbes

iphobbes Ultrasonic

I am using Both on a mac alongside , they both work fine , have legit and self made NI Kontakt libraries,
    Older Native access shows your self entered kontakt libs as Demo , interestingly Native Access 2 only shows Full licensed libs and products,
    does not show any demo tag or blank icons for selfmade liraries, it doesn't list them which is good.
    I have legit Kontakt but i prefer using K'd kontakt cause it doesn't show a red Demo mark on self entered Libraries. and no random sound cut off.
    All works fine , easy.

5. Snare Gel

Snare Gel Kapellmeister

It works perfectly fine. they just needed to update the spyware on it :)

6. L4MB0

L4MB0 Newbie

Im curious about k'd kontakt. I have legit kontakt so would i be able to use k'd and legit together or would i have to unintall legit and redownload all the k'd versions of the libraries i currently have?

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Reallay?? You don't say!!
    :rofl:

Seriously, all these protection / store methods which depend on being online + install third program are a problem.
    They should at least give their clients a choice.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Ok, took it for a spin for shits and giggles, so here's my quick takeaways.

Note, if you're using it for K'd stuff none of this applies so there's no reason to update, of course, but for us who use it for legit stuff, read on.

It has a proper download queue, and finally the ability to close NA mid-downloads, yay!

The ability to filter by type is pretty nice, I can see this being handy for newcomers to Komplete for instance.

And this thing I really like: like most modern apps it has "Usage tracking", which I approve since diagnostics really do help the devs fix problems, but it allows you to decide also whether you'll let NI to use the data for marketing purposes, which I do not approve of. This should be the way for all apps.

So... it's OK I guess, I've no problems using NA2 going forward, but also if you're already set up, there's no compelling reasons to upgrade.

Oh, and for those who enjoy the occasional "borrowed" library, and don't want the demo-versions cluttering Access might want to try this:

Shut down Access, install the library somewhere inconsequential (like E:\dummy\ or whatever), make a copy to where you want it (say, E:\warelibs\), uninstall the library, run the library manager from Portable and that's it.

*edit:* Stability issues have been mentioned, I had no problems, though NA is an app that I launch one a week to check for updates so this is pretty inconclusive and doesn't mean you might not run into issues. I wouldn't run this on my main audio computer just yet though. Also, it updates the existing Access installation so you can't run them side by side, but it looks like you can still downgrade if you want to try it out.

Caveat emptor.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2022
  9. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

Anyone tried it on Win 7? I have some legit NI software and don't want to lose my stuff because of some authorisation software update.

10. iphobbes

iphobbes Ultrasonic

11. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

12. Jelly

Jelly Ultrasonic

Amazing release. I was waiting for this for a long time

13. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

Can't get past "waiting on dependencies" during attempted install...