(Native Instruments) New Synth - Form (introduced in Komplete 11)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Exidus, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS FORM

TRANSFORMATIVE SAMPLE-TRACKING SYNTHESIZER

• Discover a powerful new form of expressive sound design
    • Expand your sonic versatility – create anything from evolving soundscapes and textured pads to earth-shaking basses and searing digital noise
    • Generate original results quickly and easily with an intuitive interface, or dig deep for detailed tweaking
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    FORM: How to shape sounds

[​IMG]
    FORM Audio Demos

[​IMG]

A NEW FORM
    Extend sound creation beyond traditional synthesis, and transform samples into anything you can imagine. Intriguing and playful, FORM offers a refreshing approach to sound creation that delivers beautifully organic and powerful results.
    Effects add polish and depth – notice the two-band frequency shaper.

[​IMG]
    Load a sample – from your own collection or the included library.

Once loaded, scan through your sample.

In Multi mode, you can layer different sounds as performance presets (see bottom right).

Create complex movement patterns using multiple curves and shapes.

Draw on a large number of curve presets.

Make drastic sonic changes with just a few adjustments.

Modulate everything easily. Plus modulation sidechaining!

Effects add polish and depth – notice the two-band frequency shaper.

[​IMG]
    Load a sample – from your own collection or the included library.

START WITH A SAMPLE
    Start creating something new – just drag and drop a sample into the FORM interface. Using a sample as the primary oscillator for the synth engine, FORM lets you craft complex new sounds rapidly. Scrub the sample to discover new worlds within its waveform, then select the section you want to manipulate.

CREATE MOVEMENT
    Breathe life into samples and enhance the sense of realism by generating movement from even the most static starting points. Choose the direction and behavior of sample playback, and set playback rates according to sample length, frequency, or BPM. For in-depth manipulation, carve up and modify the amplitude curve, applying presets or using the Curve Editor to redraw segments.

CRAFT YOUR SOUND THROUGH SYNTHESIS
    [​IMG]
    FORM OSCILLATOR
    Use the Sound section to sculpt your sound at its source. Control pitch and formants independently from playback speed. Use an additive oscillator to enhance harmonic content. Further sculpt the sound in the OSC FX section, where you can deform the wave, add frequency modulation (FM), and more.
    [​IMG]
    MODULATION AND FILTER
    Tap into a flexible, easy-to-use, and powerful modulation framework that encourages experimentation. Just click a parameter, select a modulation source, and assign. Comprehensive modulation controls allow both pinpoint control and playful experimentation.
    [​IMG]
    PERFORMANCE
    Save multiple snapshots of sound parameters as performance presets, which you can apply to any sample. Quickly explore variations on your sound when you load a new sample. Choose Multi mode to simultaneously play multiple snapshots across instrument voices, creating evolving, shifting sounds.
    POLISH WITH EFFECTS
    Enhance the color of your sound and add polish in the effects section. Use frequency shaping to slice your sound into two frequency bands and then control them independently. Warm up the sound with digital or analog saturation. Give it some punch with dynamics. Then place your unique creation in a 3D space with delay and reverb. Modulate any effects to create complex, shifting textures.

AT A GLANCE
    Product type: KOMPLETE Instrument
    For use with: Runs in the free REAKTOR 6 PLAYER or the latest version of REAKTOR 6.
    Number of sounds: 200+
    Sound category: Sample-tracking synthesizer – highly versatile
    System requirements: Free REAKTOR 6 PLAYER or REAKTOR 6. Please see the REAKTOR 6 PLAYER system requirements and the REAKTOR 6 PLAYER FAQ
    Download size: 300 MB
    DESIGNED FOR KOMPLETE KONTROL
    FORM is designed for seamless integration with KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboards. Load FORM from the hardware – everything is pre-mapped and ready to go. The FORM performance presets are automatically assigned to keys and highlighted clearly. The keyboard’s Light Guide even shows the detected pitch of a new sample.

[​IMG]

Source: NI Official Website

Much more exiting news than the Big Event from last night (shame, shame...) :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. complete

complete Producer

Yeah I would buy this immediatly if I wasn't that scared of f*cking up my system because of the Service Center stuff/crap.

4. Willum

Willum Rock Star

You think thats bad, take a look at the new version. Its called native access and it wants you to be online all the time, no more offline use.

I was all set to upgrade to komplete 11 before i found out about this new sneaky shit of theirs. So no more NI stuff for me, fuck em.

5. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

FORM Overview - Komplete 11 - First Look

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. producerspot

producerspot Noisemaker

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

huh, i installed NI Access and updated my legit Massive, its been working fine, even when im offline.

8. nycdl

nycdl Kapellmeister

this synth is complete shit . sorry

9. nycdl

nycdl Kapellmeister

NI has completely overplayed its own bullshit rehashing the same shit year after year . These new products run thru reaktor which is just old at this point . Listen to Softube Modular the difference will blow your mind. Cost is way less . Free your computer from the bullshit that is Native Instruments not to mention the complete and utter intrusions they make on your personal data.

10. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

been looking for an alternative for Granite and Form seems quite good to fit it. actual i am not interested in modular stuff, it takes far to long to work something out compared to working with raw audio, like field recordings or anything rendered you can easily and fast import into a sampler or Form. Let see how it does ...

well more utter BS is Tone2 doing, so compared to them NI does really deliver more in terms of usage, their products are widely used, so they cant really mess with personal data. (you still need to proof, where they mess with the data btw, i cant see that)

i also know that NI Access is also not the best thing, i prefer still the old way and installing my update the manual way, but today every company build some kind of BS downloader software ...

11. voss5

voss5 Member

this synth simply just don't deliver. For the guy who said it would buy this immediately, i'm sorry for your money.