Native Instruments Kontakt Retail Activation on Hackintosh

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by ziggenpuss, Mar 25, 2018.

1. ziggenpuss

ziggenpuss Newbie

Hi,

First post here, hopefully in the correct forum..

I purchased and own the Retail version of Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate.
    In this bundle is a of course the latest Kontakt version 5.7.3..

However, I've had problems activating certain instruments - the newer Woodwind, Brass etc. and some purchased 3rd party instruments that I own and need Kontakt to run.
    I got in touch with NI who were very helpful and couldn't work out the problem until they found out I was on a Hackintosh and ceased to offer support.

So, I've tried many times to completley wipe every trace of NI from the Hackintosh and re-installing.
    Every time it's the same - all instruments work apart from certain ones and new 3rd party ones.

So - I installed on my MacBook 2012 (High Sierra/APFS on SSD drive) - worked perfectly.
    I then went back to the Hackintosh (High Sierra/APFS on SSD NVMe drive) and looked through all .plist / .xml / .jwt files

Now I am no programmer/developer etc. by any means - but the only difference I could find between the 'older' instruments and some of the newer Komplete 11 Ultimate instruments is a AuthSystem RAS2 and RAS3 in the xml files.

I've tried swapping the files across from the MacBook to no avail. Plus I think of course it's machine specific so may not work.

So my question is: Is the Hackintosh doing something/or not to the Activation/registration process in creating authorised plist and xml files?

Thanks in advance for 'any' help/guidance as it's driving me mad..

3. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

if it was an hackintosh issue you'd have trouble with everything i guess - the hardware of interest should be the cpu0 or drive where the os is installed on. I'd try another hack install using a different os version and see if it changes anything.

shame on ni support

4. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

I would also ask in a hackintosh Forum like Tonymac

Next time when dealing with teh support just do not tell them that you have a hackintosh

5. ziggenpuss

ziggenpuss Newbie

Hi HPF & huschiwuschi,
    thanks for the replies..

Yeah NI asked if it was a Hackintosh as they were remotely on my machine looking around.. couldn't say no.
    Yes I've asked in Tonymac and Insanelymac though it's more an audio app I'm unsure if anyone will be able to help..
    Having to use High Sierra as it's easier to install than Sierra on an NVMe drive.

But yes HPF that's exactly what I thought. Every other app I own, Ableton, Logic, UAD, U-He, Melodyne... everything and other 3rd party Mac apps purchased and free ALL work exactly like they should, not one problem so far.

So that's the annoying part - personally I think it's more NI software related and their methods of activation.

6. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

next time just lie shamelessly youre not on a hack :o) while wetting your pants ... hope for you they didnt put a remark into their customer relations system
    i suppose you'd win the case in court - ask for refund :winker: not sure about their eula but i guess the support is included in their price.
    try it again with their support - maybe you had bad luck with a stupid prick on the line - its not their business what can you run your os on