Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate Crossgrade question

Discussion in 'Software' started by muciones, Mar 6, 2016.

1. muciones

muciones Kapellmeister

They have an offer now, it looks good, for any keyboard or Maschine purchased, they offer Komplete 10 Ultimate with $399 or 399 euro price.
    I will get a full working Komplete 10 Ultimate for this + Keyboard or Machine?? Or do I need an older Komplete to upgrade?

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/spring-into-sound/

Why buy only Komplete 10 Ultimate with $999 or 999 euro when you can buy this with less and get an extra hardware

3. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I think you misunderstood. I think the deal is if you buy eligible hardware (being Maschine or Komplete Kontrol S-range) then you get Komplete for half price. Therefore, I am pretty sure you won;t be getting the full bundle and controller for $399! That's probably the half price cost of Komplete, and the cost of the controller you choose on top of that. I may be wrong though.

4. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

yes as Bunford said, buy a hardware (controller or Maschine) and get Komplete at a special price, so all up if you buy $600 controller it will cost $999....if you have neither it is not a bad buy....

5. muciones

muciones Kapellmeister

And will have a full Komplete 10 Ultimate product?

6. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

yes but you buy either the controller keyboard or maschine to qualify to get Komplete 10 at special price
    as the email says..
    Save 50% on KOMPLETE when you buy KOMPLETE or MASCHINE hardware

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  7. muciones

muciones Kapellmeister

What do you think guys, is a good deal or Komplete 11 and new controllers are near launch and should wait?

8. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

Let me give you some insider info.... Dont. They are going to release Komplete 11 within the next 3-6 months. And then you will miss out on what ISNT in Komplete 10 Ultimate.

But i would also say, Never buy Komplete standard. Always go for Ultimate. And at times its best to buy hardware like Kontrol or Maschine (forget Traktor, its garbage) and use the crossgrade on Ultimate.

Maschine wont get a new controller for about another year or so. And Kontroller is the same almost two years.

9. muciones

muciones Kapellmeister

Thanks, I will then wait

10. Jim Greulich

Jim Greulich Noisemaker

Yes, I got this e-mail from NI as well and while I am not really in need of any NI hardware at this time, it seemed like a really good deal. The cheapest hardware applicable to this deal is the Maschine Mikro MK2 at $349. This means that you could get the package with Komplete for $549 or Ultimate for $749. Either way you cut it, that's amazing deal. Even you don't need the hardware, you could probably sell a new Mikro for $200-$250 pretty easily, meaning that you could really get Ultimate for right around half price at $500, which is quite a steal.

However, I also did some checking around after seeing this and there seems to be pretty wide-spread opinion that Komplete 11 will indeed be released in the next 3-6 months as someone above mentioned. Since I don't believe that NI offers grace periods for upgrades like Ableton does, you indeed would likely be left having to pay another upgrade fee to get 11 when it comes out.

One thing I wanted to mention though about "always going for Ultimate"... well, that really depends on the situation as far as I'm concerned. For instance, if you are primarily looking for the NI synths such as Massive, Absynth, Monark, FM8, etc, and don't really care about a bunch of keys, strings, and effect tools, then Komplete regular is probably all you need. If you really do want/need all that other stuff then certainly, the whole package is a much better deal than even adding on more than a couple of them ad-hoc over and above regular. This is especially true if paying close to full price since there is a $500 difference between the 2 versions. Of course, in a case as with this sale where the price difference is only $200, it may indeed be a better decision to go with Ultimate.

11. Bandit

Bandit Producer

Seeing all the releases they did lately I suspect Komplete 11 is coming this year. The last few years they had deals like this (50%). You can also 'skip' an update, saving money (update/grade is always the same price), if you can manage the urge to own the latest and greatest.
    I am waiting for 11 and I hope for another 50% discount deal like now during christmas :)

12. Gnib

Gnib Producer

I you have an older version, You do get a discount too. I have Komplete 9 Ultimate and if I buy the 25 Keyboard (€499,-) and upgrade to Komplete 10 Ultimate it will cost me:
    499,00 € + 199,50 € = 698,50 €.
    I do not want the keyboard however since the support of 3rd party plugins is troublesome. since support of the NKS-standard is
    dependent on the 3rd willingnes to get their stuf NKS ready. Check out which Industry partners they have so far here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keyboards/komplete-kontrol-s-series/nks/