Native Instruments: K'ed and licensed together?

Discussion in 'Software' started by jontex, Sep 30, 2020.

1. jontex

jontex Newbie

Hello,

I am considering to buy the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 keyboard. This will come with quite a few software licenses.

Will I still be able to use my audioz versions of the native instruments software, and use the official licenses at the same time?

Or is it only possible to work with either - or one of these? I wouldn't want to risk having my official software revoked (or similar; sorry, not a native English speaker), but it'd be nice to use the official things that I pay for by purchasing the keyboard.

Thank you for your input :)

3. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

It depends.

If a majority of NI products you use are still k'd, instead of risking anything, just stick to audioz versions. Register your products to a different email and keep it as your backup in case of anything. (many people in the industry own licenses but use cracked versions either because they run better, or are easier to manage)

If you end up owning most of the NI products you use after you acquire the bundle, then stick to that, no point messing with K'd stuff.

(Alternatively, install the legit stuff you get, and block or uninstall Native Access after that. I've had issues where if I try and update one product that I own, it edits the reg, and I lose other products that were K'd, forcing me to reinstall them.)

4. luminosity

luminosity Ultrasonic

Its working, i also have the S49 MK1 (comes with massive and some other stuff).
    Works fine for me with cracked Kontakt and stuff like that.

5. Thebeast

Thebeast Newbie

I was wondering the same thing and i noticed that a lot of questions are about this topic (retail and k'd usage).
    The expansions that are posted on the sister site , can they be used in the same way ?
    I know that they will show up as a demo in Native access.

6. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

Have a Komplete and have no issues with the mix

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

It works. You just have to make sure to use the cracked app to host everything. Maschine, Kontakt, Reaktor, Komplete. Whatever. I have all my legit software running in cracked apps. It's also never a bad idea to firewall.

8. jontex

jontex Newbie

Thank you for your replies, everybody :)

So let's say I own Kontakt Player 6, Komplete Kontrol 2.5.0, and nothing else (these are the things I currently own, as the keyboard has not arrived yet and they are free). If I want to run K'ed KONTAKT libraries, what do I change? And how do I know that they will not report home when doing any online updates?

9. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

If you want to run K'ed kontakt libraries, you need the full(or K'd) version of kontakt and K'd Komplete Kontrol

10. jontex

jontex Newbie

I see. Can I run these versions with regular internet access? I had previously disallowed them via LittleSnitch because I wasn't sure what they might report home. I do have some K'ed libraries that I'd like to use though.

So:

1. install everything that comes with my keyboard
    2. install K'ed versions of Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt
    3. install K'ed libraries (via Native Access still?)

Should I use a different account, or no account at all, or can I use my regular account? Somebody mentioned I should use a different one in this thread...? Is that the way to go?

11. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

1) Kontakt isn't going to phone home on its own, what generally happens is, if you have a k'd version of a plugin, when you update the plugin through native access it will stop working as the registration key won't match. With kontakt specifically, it'll switch from kontakt full to kontakt player.

2)You don't really need Native Access to install K'd Libraries, you can generally find the installer alone or just the folder that you can place in your Public Documents folder(for win) and scan with kontakt, battery etc.

3) you have to have an account to use Native Access. Other replies in this thread have implied you can use your main account to log in(the one registered with your purchase), I don't personally know if that is safe, so I have no comment.

Bob Dule has a version of "k'd" Kontakt that comes with an installer for modified Native Access that lets you download libraries straight from NI servers or update ones you already have. (this is what I'm using at the moment) I've used it to update Komplete Kontrol as well, and it works fine after, but in my experience, when I update kontakt through it, it switches to Kontakt player, so I just grab the update from his website again or from the sister site.

12. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

I have the same question, which I hope I can tag on here, as well as my post.

I have the NI M32 and have til midnight to register with Native Access to get the free Komplete 13 Select. So time is tight.

Native Access shows all my k'd libraries, even if i use a different email, it shows them all on my Mac as DEMO?

Is it safe to proceed and grab the Komplete 13 Select and still keep and not touch my k'd libraries?
    I've even heard that some can update their k'd libraries via N.A !

Is it safe?