Native Instruments is laying off people

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by mrpsanter, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

25sl mk2:mad:i like it....
    best rock solid pots i had on akai mpd32

i guess nektar followed by novation are the best controllers at moment..EDIT roli and avantgarde stuff not mentoined..
    further the new stuff from novation has better quality then before i think but their more pricey stuff was always great i think..
    i think you cant compare NI and novation...no no.but ok i hear you

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  2. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

3. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Thanks for all of that ...Felt like we were in the same room, and I was listening to your thoughts. :mates:

4. statik

statik Audiosexual

hate to break it to ya but IT MEANS NOTHING.
    a job is a job, not some social construct that has to keep existing. jobs are created and jobs disappear, no job is guaranteed for a lifetime and it would be silly to think so. companies can go bankrupt, change the way they work or simply become completely redundant. people have to take this into account, a savings-account that is (horrible pun, i know). because everybody can loose their jobs at any time and that's life.

5. Classicalbanksy

Classicalbanksy Member

You know - sometimes you just have to get this stuff off your chest! It's the moments when I'm gazing at a .nicnt file, not having played written anything for hours because the crack on my fav library (and Orch Tools trumps even the hallowed Spitfire for me!) has just failed to work, so I've lost those epic orch hits, and I'm pissed off coz I want that sound, I want those hits, nothing else will do, and I cannot get the fucking crack to work - those are days I hate! When I wish we still wrote music with pencils and MS notation paper! :) Call me old-fashioned!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

I skip this DUB step
    Really, it is/was/became waaay popular because of Skrillex and NI Massive =)
    No problem 2

7. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

ReaXtor siX
    AbXynth
    BaXttery (no pun intended to our user here)

8. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

I've had that happen, and wanted the sound so bad, I literally used Total Commander to browse the libraries .nkx file, (the one that stores the encrypted samples), and grabbed the samples out, then dragged and dropped the raw wave files into the Kontakt interface, which automatically creates a new instrument, mapped them out, tweeked some parameters, and although it wasn't as perfect as the original, felt satisfied that I wasn't defeated for the moment when I play the sound that wouldn't originally load. And sometimes during days like that, I just sit at the Piano, and press record on my tape recorder :rofl: :wink:

9. Gyro Gearloose

MANAGEMENT BOARD

[​IMG]
    DANIEL HAVER, CEO / CO-FOUNDER
    Daniel Haver has been the driving force behind Native Instruments for over 20 years. Today, he continues to lead its success as our passionate and visionary CEO.

True, Daniel saw enormous business potential in the music industry, but it was his passion for music itself that drove him to seize his opportunity. With the ambition to change the world of sound creation, he became a co-founder of Native Instruments.

Drawing on his creative and leadership strengths, Daniel galvanized Native Instruments’ product, sales and marketing teams early on. The world began to recognise the rapidly rising company, and as early as 1999, Daniel was interviewed by ‘Newsweek’ about "Berlin's Business Plan". Next, he spearheaded the setup of the U.S. office in 2002, personally curating all elements of the new outfit in Los Angeles. Recognising that a diverse global offering was the path to further success, Native Instruments continued to expand, opening offices in Toronto, Tokyo, London, Paris, and Shenzhen.

Early successes raised Daniel to the heights of his peers and heroes. In 2004, he was honored to receive an invitation from Apple’s iconic CEO, Steve Jobs, to present as one of the annual Apple Worldwide Developers Conference keynote speakers. Furthermore, in 2014 Daniel had the privilege of hosting Google's Chairman Eric Schmidt at the NI’s Headquarters. In addition to this, he regularly holds keynotes including at NAMM's Breakfast of Champions, NOAH Conference, Amsterdam Dance Event and DLD.

Daniel has consistently demonstrated his business acumen. From ushering in a radical diversification of the Native Instruments portfolio with KOMPLETE and spearheading the creation of the perpetual DJ software TRAKTOR, to developing MASCHINE’s integrated hardware and launching the samples and loop resource Sounds.com.

Over two decades, Daniel has developed a unique, symbiotic leadership model with Native Instrument’s Chief Innovation Officer and President, Mate Galic. Their friendship, complementary skill sets, and relentless pursuit of innovation have kept the business at the cutting edge of digital music creation and performance.

[​IMG]
    MATE GALIC, CHIEF INNOVATION OFFICER / PRESIDENT
    As a DJ, producer, label owner and journalist, Mate Galic was one of the most prolific figures in Europe's burgeoning techno scene of the '90s. His artistic credibility saw him headline major festivals worldwide and his understanding of the cultural movement led him to become the voice of a generation, presenting the first electronic music TV show, broadcast throughout Europe.

His passion for futuristic sounds and the evolution of music made him a relentless explorer of all related technology. Pushing the boundaries of sound synthesis set Mate on a path towards Native Instruments, where he immediately found an outlet for his curiosity and began leading the company’s research, design, and development functions.

Mate was fundamental in the function and design of the company’s most powerful products of the last 20 years, from REAKTOR and MASSIVE to TRAKTOR and MASCHINE. He quickly cemented his position as a CIO and President, providing invaluable direction to CEO Daniel Haver in a leadership relationship that would fully harness their collective potential and steer the company to global success and notoriety.

A creator and a connector in equal measure, Mate has been responsible for funneling inspiration into the company and ensuring it thrives within the internal culture. At once prophetic and ambitious, Mate has been continually oriented by a desire to change music culture through technology, and ultimately a belief that music has an untapped power to transform and enrich societies at a profound level.

Today Mate and Daniel sharpen and expand the company’s vision and mission, remaining in pursuit of innovation and transformative change in the music creation landscape.

--------------------------
    -----------
    Founder Stefan Schmitt

10. Gyro Gearloose

all on old killer engine's but made sounding worse..with schicki micki gui

11. Gyro Gearloose

from where is he...never heared of him as an artist ....erm CHIEF INNOVATION OFFICER :hahaha::suicide:

--
    Native Instruments issues official statement regarding the state of its business
    6th September 2019

Responding to many rumors swirling around the ether, Native Instruments has issued an official statement regarding their business. Here is that statement:

Berlin, August 29, 2019 – Native Instruments, the world's leading provider of software and hardware for computer-based music production, announced today a plan to centralize their global business operations, which includes a headcount reduction of 20% across all locations.

The key reason for this difficult decision is to create the right organizational setup to focus on the development of a new, unified and fully integrated platform on which the company's entire portfolio of products and services will be available next year. This change comes despite growing revenues in 2018 and the first half of 2019, but as a response to an increasing cost structure due to the company's previous divisional setup and multi-brand approach.

"Today is a very emotional day for the Native community. We've been driving innovation in music creation since the 1990s. First through software instruments, then by expanding to an integrated ecosystem with complementing hardware and now by creating a unified platform experience for the modern music producer," said Daniel Haver, the company's CEO and co-founder.

"To make this transformation successful, we needed to adapt our strategy, including a centralized functional setup that can support our vision of 'One Native'. Unfortunately, this also means we had to make some tough decisions and part ways with a number of employees. This has been the hardest part of this transformation," he added.

Global headcount reduction of 20%.

As a consequence of the company's newly centralized organization to focus on its future strategy, Native Instruments had to make the difficult decision to reduce its workforce by around 100 employees across all sites. With most of the affected employees located at the company's headquarters in Berlin, the departments that were impacted by the consolidation include Sales & Distribution, Marketing & Product Management, Administration and Engineering.

All employees were informed about these changes on Thursday, August 29, 2019. The company regrets the impact this has on their employees, their families and the community.

In addition to severance packages and outplacement services, Native Instruments has also established contacts with other Berlin-based companies that are currently looking for highly qualified personnel.

"This was the most difficult decision we had to make in our entire history, as our past successes have been enabled by the work of some of the best and most passionate people in the music industry. We thank all employees for their commitment, hard work, and their high degree of loyalty to Native Instruments. We are fully committed to doing all we can to take care of our employees impacted during this difficult time," said Daniel Haver.

New platform starting in 2020.

Recognizing changing customer behaviors worldwide, the aim of focusing on a unified platform strategy is to create an expandable commercial and technological basis for future growth in the digital music production area. For that, a new platform is currently being developed with the goal of offering new ways of accessing the company's core products and services, as well as complementary ones from third-parties. The centralized platform will also include the company's expanded portfolio of loops and samples, which is currently part of sounds.com, and will launch in 2020.

The company's previous divisional structure, functional and brand silos, did not allow for a successful implementation of this strategy up until this point.

"Customers today are expecting a seamlessly integrated experience when consuming and accessing creative goods and services. We are confident that we can offer music producers worldwide a unique and premium experience by connecting our existing ecosystem of award-winning software and hardware to a centralized online service," said Mate Galic, Native Instruments' Chief Innovation Officer and President.

"In the past, we expanded in different product lines, which was also reflected in our organizational structure. Our platform vision, however, requires a much more collaborative approach, having all parts of the company work together towards one common goal."

12. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

which is, rent to own (like splice does, you rent until you pa've paid enough to pay off the product).

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

In most if not all the cases, massive layoff are never caused by an unproductive workforce: Only a CEO from the late 50s or 60s would dare to blame it on his workforce today.

14. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

A job is much more than just an exchange for services rendered. Yes of course, there is freelance 'work' and other types of work when you are not 'employed' but engaged for a specific amount of work, short contract etc. But if a person is 'employed' by someone in a full-time capacity and it is established that the employee is dependent on this 'job' for his livlihood, then the employer must accept that he is employing a 'person' on a long-term basis and that has to mean that he assumes a responsibility for that person. He is giving that person the means to survive, the employee has put his life in the hands of the employer and the employer must accept that he is now responsible for him. This is why we have work pensions, paid leave and medical plans, all relatively new company responsibilities that law forced companies to embed into their employment practice - these things alone prove that a job is no longer just a job, companies have to care about their employees. Next they will have to incorporate new laws, yet unwritten, that shows the same kind of love when it comes to redundancy. If we don't change our attitude to this, then the attitude to work as you have cited above, which belongs in pre-industrial eras, will continue to let people suffer. Do we want people to suffer? I think that the mantra that we have been sold about jobs, as you have told it above, needs to change because it's uncaring and unloving to our fellow human beings. Stop accepting uncaring and unloving attitudes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

The whole thing sound confusing. First they want to make something super new wonderful, but they fire employees (if it is not about money) ? I would assume if they work on something new that they rather get more people to finish the new thing faster. Remember that Massive X took longer as expected, and is still buggy... People still waiting for the freaking new Song Mode in Maschine for years... , or the freaking dropdowns in Battery to select outputs. Or a modernized Kontakt GUI...

16. Gyro Gearloose

maybe they fired the ppl who didnt want NI that way ...maybe the ppl straight from beginning working there...maybe