Native Instruments FX VSTs - not showing up at all? (from sister site)

Discussion in 'Software' started by fnord23, Jun 11, 2023.

1. fnord23

fnord23 Ultrasonic

- Fresh install of Win 11 and Ableton 11.3.2 (audioz)

In the past my legit Ableton 11.1 and Native Instruments FX bundle from the sister site was working fine, even along other legit NI plugins and with using Native Access to manage the legit ones of course.

But now, on my fresh system, so far I have no luck even getting the NI fx showing up in Ableton. If I use VST3 the log shows a "runtime_error" for each plugin and with VST2 it even crashes the plugin scanner.

So far I tried a few bundles "Komplete FX" by bobdule and V.R. and also individual installers by R2R with the same result.

Is anybody having similar issues and is this probably related to using a newer version of Ableton? Any fix by now? Replika XT and a few others are used a lot in my projects unfortunately, also I love the softube plugins...

BTW, so far I didn't install Native Access and any of my legit plugins.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
  3. fnord23

fnord23 Ultrasonic

I was able to find a solution: Apparently it's some older dependencies (C++ Runtime maybe?) that are missing.

If you have the same issue:

-------
    1. Download and install official Native Access 2
    2. Obtain and install the R2R individual installs (Maybe other bundles also working, didn't try)
    3. Type "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Native Instruments\Native Access\ras3" in the explorer, it's a hidden system folder (not visible even when showing hidden folders)
    4. Move everything to a different location
    5. Use R2R gen to register the plugin(s)
    6. Move your original files back to the ras3 folder but don't replace the newly registered ones.

7. Be careful how and where you install other NI releases (expecially Kontakt Portable, this can be very tricky)
    9. Full re-scan your VSTs a million times in the process.

10. Enjoy NI releases from different groups and along legit NI plugins now.
    -------

Native Instruments has been BY FAR the most tricky to get running! It feels like the old days 10 years ago.