Native Instruments Definitive Piano Collection

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by blaiavia, Sep 9, 2014.

1. blaiavia

blaiavia Newbie

If I have to be honest, I am a bit disappointed with Komplete 10, as I was expecting big updates from NI's flagship products such as Massive or Reaktor. The new products, such as Rounds or Kontour look quite nice, though.

Anyway, the big question here is about the so-called "Definitive Piano Collection", to be released this October with the upcoming Komplete 10. It includes three brand-new pianos: The Grandeur, The Maverick and The Gentleman.

So I heard the audio demos and they sounded kinda nice, at least to my ears. What are your thoughts about them, guys? So they sound GOOD, or it's just the demos?

Cheers,

blaiavia

3. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

I like sound based on the demos and the fact that they are by the Galaxy guy who really seems to know pianos. The Giant is awesome and he did that. 2500 samples and 18 'velocity zones' sounds promising. Based on The Giant he samples every note, but doesn't have round robins. I prefer this to the more traditional way (it seems) of sampling every third note and having three round robins. The Giant has 13 velocity layers and 5 for releases. The new ones with 18 plus 9 release use up most of the 2500 samples if sampled the same way.

http://www.galaxy-instruments.com/definitive-piano-collection.html

4. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

If Matt McKay says you are an h e double toothpicks of a scripter than you are a h e double toothpicks of a scripter.
    I'm hoping he sampled them as they are up on the Galaxy website as Galaxy Pianos. Maybe not as the 'true' Galaxies have 6000 samples instead of 2500.

5. Resonance

Resonance Newbie

Agree with mattmckay in that they've been disappointing in the past, especially when played loud, so if NI listen to feedback it should be a major improvement than they've managed so far in the piano's department.
    Demo's are promising

6. chopin4525

chopin4525 Producer

It's only 15 days... Resist, resist... ._____.

7. chopin4525

chopin4525 Producer

To spice up the waiting time Galaxy Instruments leaked some more infos:

I got 2 out of 3! :dancing:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

I guessed wrong I thought it was a Blüthner Grand instead of a Bechstein grand and i had no idea about the upright other than it was very old. I'm thinking Black Friday 2015 upgrade.