Native Instruments announces Traktor Kontrol S8 all-in-one DJ system

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by SillySausage, Oct 14, 2014.

1. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Native Instruments has officially announced Traktor Kontrol S8, a new all-in-one DJ controller designed for state-of-the-art Traktor Pro 2 control.
    Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S8

[​IMG]

Offering DJs an entirely new performance dynamic, TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 is a breakthrough innovation built on the desire to bring the sole focus of digital DJs back towards the crowd and away from the laptop – accomplishing this through new and inspiring technology.

TRAKTOR KONTROL S8’s full color displays and touch-sensitive hardware controls uniquely fuse with enhanced track decks, a 4-channel standalone mixer, and the flagship TRAKTOR software – creating a fluid, multisensory DJ experience. Available online and at retailers worldwide on October 30, 2014, the advanced DJ controller signals a milestone in Native Instruments’ vision of the future of DJing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBNt9feV_XM

Traktor Kontrol S8 will be available for $1,199 USD / 1,199 EUR on October 30th, 2014. Preorder is also available.

More information: Native Instruments / Traktor Kontrol S8

source: http://rekkerd.org/native-instruments-announces-traktor-kontrol-s8-one-dj-system/

3. freerider197

freerider197 Noisemaker

Too expensive, and i think that it doesn't give you anything more than a simple djmixer+Kontrol X1 setup. :dunno: It is a ready to go dj consolle for "beginner" without an entry level price (1200 euros?! :snuffy: ). NI is the manufacture leader for "compact djing" equipment, so i would say that they can do that. :sad:

4. mcclaine

mcclaine Ultrasonic

I love their designs, all their products looks amazing... but i agree, it is kinda expensive.

5. BumBcL0t

BumBcL0t Producer

Am I right in saying this is over a grand to basically beat sync tunes together? No jog wheels? Lol.

6. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

ahhhh, now this explains all the s4's being dumped on ebay!

:break:

7. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Finally a controller that enables you to play without beeing absorbed by your laptop all the time. That is really great. But that mixer - why the hell? I mean, schlepping that monster to the club where you then would have to rewire the soundsystem? Or make room for that plate where usually is only some room left for a smaller controller? Haven't they been thinking? Or did they only want to put a hardware knob to every single function the software offers?