Native Instruments Absynth v5.3.4 CE-V.R - can't find .wav files. Problem Solved.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Parasite-B, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

Howdy, all! Hope you're all doing well, and keeping safe with this covid B.S! :mates:

To get straight to the point, I'm having trouble finding certain samples with the latest V.R release of Absynth 5.

I've done the sensible thing and installed with Admin rights, turned off my virus scanner, installed while my internet is disconnected, tried to rebuild the database in standalone mode, searched my entire PC for the specific .wav files it can't find, but coming up empty handed. I just can't seem to fix this.

I would normally blame this on my constant state of alcohol intoxication, but I'm being good for once, and not drunk off my head... Not too drunk, anyway. :cheers:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, also, if I'm posting this in the wrong place, I apologise. Please move to where it needs to be.

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Install
    1.) Uninstall the Absynth 5 (use the uninstaller) You find the uninstaller here: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Absynth
    2.) Turn the internet back on. / You do not need to assign administrator rights
    3.) just install (only press the Setup.exe)

Rebuild the Database
    1. Open Absynth 5
    2. Press the " File " Button (Pop Menu open)
    3. Use the " Option "
    4. Option Menu - Press " Browser "
    5. Put the right " Directories "
    C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\Sounds
    6. There is a " Rebuild DB " Button use it

4. Parasite-B

Appreciate the help, mate, but I've already done that, and no joy.

I've just gone into the actual sounds folder, and there aren't any .wav files in any of the folders. I've just noticed that I get a FastCopy notification at the end of the install. Suspecting that that's the culprit.

I'll figure it out. Cheers again, though, appreciate!

5. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Give me a name of one of the missing .wavs, I'll have a look.

6. Parasite-B

Thanks for taking a look at this.

One of the many files missing is Piano Destruct - chain.wav. It's from the absythsounds.com expansion pack, and the sound itself is called Chainstretch Sitar.

I've just searched my whole PC using *.wav to try and locate some of the missing files, and they're nowhere to be found. :dunno:

7. isosoces

isosoces Noisemaker

yes I noticed this problem as well. Couldn't find wavs for many presets. System search for file name turned up no results.

8. Parasite-B

Very curious. I've tried different installer too, just in case.

Do you also get a notification about FastCopy? Something like 0Mbs of 0Mbs copied after installing?

I'm using Windows 10 20H2. I should have probably included that a the start of this thread.

Edit: I've just ran another install and it seems to be extracting the .wav files, but not installing them.

9. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

I've got Absynth 4 / 5 factory, and expansions Interstellar, Legacy, Spectral Expansion, and Twilights.

It ain't in those, sorry.

10. Parasite-B

No worries, man. Cheers for taking a look in any case! :wink:

11. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Best of luck with your search!

Lemme know if you need those official presets/samples/expansions, though.

12. Parasite-B

Thanks for that. And thank you about the expansions, but after a quick check of all of those, they seem to be fine. It's just 3rd party one that are missing the .wav files. Curious.

Cheers again, bud!

13. isosoces

isosoces Noisemaker

Yeah, I believe I did.

14. Parasite-B

Really wondering if it's something to do with that, as I've never seen that notification before. I've tried looking on my system, but can't seem to find FastCopy anywhere.

15. isosoces

isosoces Noisemaker

Yeah I don't think I've seen that before either. Weird. I want to say that I installed another VR release at the same time and got a similar message (probably FM8, now that I think about it). I haven't messed with that one too much but I didn't get any errors when I quickly tried it out.

16. Parasite-B

I'll download that tomorrow and give it a test, too. I know that it doesn't use .wav files, but could be something else missing. Especially in 3rd party expansions, as that's what seems to be missing from Absynth.

17. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Simon Stockhausen Best of Absynthsounds Vol.1

Step 1)
    Copy & Paste the Samples (WAV) file:
    Samples absynthsounds.com
    into the Samples Folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\Samples

Step 2) Copy & Paste the Presets (.nab)
    absynthsounds nab.com
    into the Sound Folder:
    C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\Sounds
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Old Format was: .ksd // The New Format is: .nabs
    If you have old Presets with the ending .ksd - Select the ' KSD Batch Convert '
    You find this tool when you click on the " FILE " Button (top left)
    [​IMG]

NI Absynth 5 - Directories

1.) C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Native Instruments\Absynth 5\Sounds
    Absynth 5
    - Controller Pages
    - Favourites
    - Libraries
    - Sounds (3Party Expansions - only the .nabs files)

2.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Absynth 5
    Absynth 5
    - Libraries
    - Samples (that's the WAV Folder - copy your Wav here)
    - Sounds

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  18. Parasite-B

@BEAT16, I really do appreciate you still trying to help, man, but I don't have anything like that on my system.

I've done so many sweeps on both of my drives, but it's still coming up blank.

I don't even have the Simon Stockhausen folder on here.

Fuck this. It's taking way too long to figure out. Uninstall.

But for real, thank you so much for trying to help. man.:cheers:

Oh, and @isosoces, FM8 is working perfectly fine for me. It's just Absynth and the installer not installing the 3rd party .wav files. Good thing that I'm not reliant upon Absynth. Pretty much wanted to try it out again after so many years for different sound design. My problem is I get way too hung-up when things don't work, and need to fix.

19. isosoces

isosoces Noisemaker

Those Stockhausen sounds are available on sister site I believe, but yeah, not totally relevant to the issue.

20. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

The samples are just plain missing.
    I've had a group of 16 preset packs since they were uploaded to the alt.binaries.sounds.utilities newsgroup back on Jan 27,2017.
    Last DAW machine setup i decided against installing any of the older Ni products, but this got me interested.
    Great for its time ..still great, actually ...but for me there are just too many others.

But it just depends on personal situation. It has functions that make it impossible to "duplicate".
    I find it awkward in some ways, but then again, my best performances on guitar were when I had to struggle a bit with the imperfections of the instrument, so I will never say "useless" to any instrument...

Unfortunately attention to detail often takes a back seat to "putting it out there" these days, from cracked releases ... to Facebook posts ... to science news... to memes... to songs... to sex ... to laws ... :rofl: