Native Instruments Abbey Road Drums vs Superior Drummer 3

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vincent Price, May 9, 2021.

1. Vincent Price

Vincent Price Kapellmeister

Native Instruments Abbey Road Drums vs Superior Drummer 3

I have both, but which do you prefer and why?

3. baseimpulse

baseimpulse Member

It depends on the application at hand. SD3 when using e drums is hands down just dope! its hard to beat..especially its sound library and expansions are just INSANE! ARD is great too.... dont get me wrong, its fantastic actually but for drawing in drums and needing that vintage feel "Abbey" its on the money. However when it comes to drumming in general... SD3 all the way

4. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

of course SD3 and its massive expansions and tweak-ability. The Abbey Road not so much, I tried it and didn't like it.

My favourite Kontakt library as for right now is the Roomsound, especially this one : https://www.roomsound.com/products/kurtballou/ Always a big fan of Kurt Ballou. Roomsound also have Beau Burchell (Saosin) and Bill Stevenson (Decendent & Black Flag). If you are working on heavier stuff try them!