NAMM 2022: Audient iD44 MKII is a performance upgrade

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by BEAT16, Jun 2, 2022.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

NAMM 2022: Audient iD44 MKII is a performance upgrade

With the release of iD44 MKII, British manufacturer Audient is making its 4-input desktop audio interface better without making it bigger. Appropriately, the revision includes updated converters, a new smoke-grey finish (to better match the vape/weed/tobacco smoke in your studio), and more. But the price stays the same (EUR 599).

Audient iD44 MKII audio interface
    So, what’s new? For starters, Audient proudly cites a 9dB improvement in ADC headroom. On paper, this means less noise and distortion. Realistically, you’ll need some quite sophisticated equipment and developed hearing to tell a major difference. It’s a welcome upgrade and technical progress, nevertheless.

The iD44 MKII also benefits from the addition of Audio Loop-back. It lets you easily capture audio from applications on your computer together with audio from the interface’s analog and digital inputs. Loopback is becoming a standard feature for any interface meant to sell among content creators, podcasters and streamers. I still remember when routing computer audio was a major freaking hassle and I’m glad it’s being dealt with by manufacturers.

Also new is an upgraded headphone amp with dual quarter-inch and one 3.5mm inputs. This means you can plug in three sets of headphones at once. Finally, the unit’s metal aesthetic is refreshed with a smoke-grey facelift.

Key features

• 4 x Class-A Audient Console Mic Preamplifiers with +48V, Pad, and HPF Switches
    • 3 x User Defined Function Keys and dedicated Talkback, Dim and Cut Controls
    • 2 x ADAT Inputs & Outputs, 1x Word Clock Output for Digital Expansion
    • 2 x Discrete JFET Instrument Inputs
    • 2 x Fully Balanced Inserts
    • 1 x Independent Headphone Output
    • 1 x Independent Dual Headphone Output
    • 24-bit / 96kHz conversion, USB 2.0 connection
    • Ultra-low Latency DSP Mixer
    Price and availability data
    The Audient iD44 MKII will ship in June 2022 and sell for EUR 599 (incl. VAT).
    You can pre-order it now from our affiliate partner Thomann *:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      207.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      210.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      202.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

Do they have a thunderbolt version?

BTW the EVO 16 looks good as well.

4. dondada

dondada Rock Star

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

6. recycle

recycle Guest

+1 on Audient quality and their customer support.
    This new philosophy of the EVOs is not very clear to me, maybe they are more dedicated to musicians and podcasters than to sound engineers, but they will surely sound as good as all Audient products.

7. odod

odod Rock Star

I think I am into EVO 16 ... that auto gain is really nice actually, especially for tracking.