NAMM 2016: IK Multimedia releases Lurssen Mastering Console

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Exidus, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

So, as it appears the Big "Mastering solution" teased by IK Multimedia the last weeks is yet another mastering all-rounder VST:

___

NAMM 2016: IK Multimedia streamlines the mastering process with Lurssen Mastering Console
    By Ben Rogerson (Computer Music)
    [​IMG]

NAMM 2016: When IK Multimedia said that it had a "revolutionary mastering product" to show us at the NAMM Show, we wondered if some kind of hybrid software/hardware solution was on the cards. It turns out, though, that Lurssen Mastering Console, the product in question, is a software-only solution for iPad and PC/Mac.
    What's new, we're told, is the approach that's been taken: the software is designed to be streamlined and easy to use, being based on 20 mastering templates (known as Styles) that can be called up instantly. These are genre-based, it seems, and were "crafted and set up" by Gavin Lurssen, Reuben Cohen and the team of engineers at Lurssen Mastering in Los Angeles.
    The programming know-how comes from IK, of course: each Style comprises a complete mastering chain, and we're assured that the "nuance and interaction" between each of the processors in this chain has been recreated here, too.
    The Styles are said to be preconfigured to deliver "professional" mastering results, but once you've selected one you can make tweaks using an Input Drive knob, 5-band EQ and special 'Push' knob. We're not totally sure how this works, but IK says that it enables users "to 'ride' the flow of a song, making subtle and uniform EQ adjustments to enhance dynamics and create emotion throughout the song".
    Lurssen Mastering Console is available now for iPad from the Apple App Store. The app is free, but content has to be unlocked using in-app purchases (you can have everything for €100/¢100). A standalone/plugin version is available for pre-order from the IK Multimedia website at the special price of €200/$200. The full price will be €300/$300 when it's released in February.

IK Multimedia Lurssen Mastering Console features
    • Created with Grammy Award winning Mastering Engineer Engineers Gavin Lurssen and Reuben Cohen
    • Accurately reproduces Lurssen Mastering's unique philosophy, studio workflow and signal chain
    • iPad, Mac & PC versions available
    • Mac/PC version works as a standalone application or as a plug-in for your DAW
    • 20 pre-made "Styles" created by Gavin Lurssen and team that reproduce the settings and gear used to master pop, hip-hop, rock and more
    • 3 easy-to-navigate displays: A Studio view with controls, a Wave waveform view and a Chain view for individual processors
    • Input Drive knob
    • 5 band EQ with fixed frequency
    • "PUSH" Knob to subtly enhance selected song passages via uniform EQ adjustment
    • Full automation of audio content adjustment
    • Linkable Input Drive control for stereo balance tweaks
    • Input/Process assignable VU metering
    • Stereo/Mono monitoring capability
    • 88.2/96kHz DSP processing
    • Audio import from iPad music library
    ___

Original link: http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/namm-2016-ik-multimedia-streamlines-the-mastering-process-with-lurssen-mastering-console-633431

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Instant Buy!

4. incorpitality

incorpitality Newbie

what else is out there like this? a mastering program that automatically masters your tracks ? email me if possible thanks..
    [email protected]

5. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Not what I was expecting :no: lol; I was leaning more toward the Hardware/Software combo.
    So, this suppose to drastically cut corners and give me the $$$$ pristine hands on mastering from a PRO?
    Oh well, this will surely be fun experience for some folks and a lot of talking trash from the will-never-believe-it-can-do-it crowd.
    I'm gonna stand on the side and watch it unfold. However, like DJ Khaled would say: "ANOTHER ONE" :rofl:

6. ScorpionRei

ScorpionRei Noisemaker

Yes lol, same here.. just don't get the "DJ Khaled", is not like what he says really matter LOL. If that was Young Guru, hell yeah!

7. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Well, Khaled's name and memes are everywhere lately. So, some folks must be paying attention to him... but that's a whole other debate :)
    The connection I was trying to make by mentioning him is because he is none to say "another one" on a bunch of songs.

8. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

i don't know much about the
    Lurssen Mastering Console But to Me it looks like it is just kinda like a EQ with automaton thingy does it have compression and limiting :dunno: