n-Track Studio

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Philman, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Philman

Philman Noisemaker

I love and use n-Track Studio! My question is...do I need to uninstall my older version before installing a newer version, or can I simply install the newer version directly over the older version?

Thanks in advance!

songman787

3. WillyA

WillyA Producer

I used n-tracks 6 and when 7 came out, I upgraded and when I installed it, it created a separate folder, so I had both v6 and v7. My advice is to invest in something like Studio One. n-tracks is OK for beginners, but not a serious DAW in my opinion.

4. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

I've been using N-track since V3.x back in the day. It was the first DAW I used. helped me get my first record deal. N-track was better than a lot of daws available back in the early 2000s, I liked it better than protools. It just didnt have the recognition or visibility that larger companies.

I agree that today Studio One is the King of DAWS right now (best overall), but you got to give N-Track its props for being one of the best back in the day and holding its own up till this point. Also the N-track mobile app is the most fully featured phone DAW I've used so far. @starkid84

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  5. djru5h

djru5h Member

i used n track back in 2000-2001. When i discovered cubase i had to leave n track alone.. its a good starter daw though