My track, some Dnb ( Free download)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Sourcednb, Jun 25, 2024 at 8:10 PM.

1. Sourcednb

Sourcednb Ultrasonic

3. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Im always interested in Other peoples Dnb Productions

Erm

Are you after critisysm "Constructive" Or was it a simple post of your work??

I ve heard tracks that are a true embarrasment to both the genre and the programmer involved,

Erm, If im Brutally honest, It has some great elements.

But me personally i find it a little generic/ i dont say that with a view to insult you,.

"Please dont take it that way because overall its not bad at all"

I was about to attempt to explain my meaning,

Ok perhaps a audio example of what i mean>

" I will share something im working on that ive for once used a break after proccessing with many variations and layerd with my own personal library ive created myself

So your drums to me sound like forgive me for this but a Basic Loop , or slightly manipulated maybe,
    i could be wrong but what im getting at is Dnb Shouldnt ever be watered down,

And shouldnt be a instance of library overuse and flat out preset bashing /im not saying that regarding ithe entire track ' but im hearing library both audio and vst based patches,

And the producion regarding the main elements youve based it all around do indeed work well with one another!!

its overall a good production, Albeit rather simplistic, The Issue is that Sequencing library or midi data to this degree cant really be called your work

Plus im hearing LOOPS DUDE if the bass parts etc arent then youve copied the midi dataAnd everywhere!! REALLY

Using library to this degree c'mon

I realise why it sounded mix ready now

DnB is Technically the most difficult and time consuming genre to program
    You dont turn into a power user overnight like alot of 4/4 genres
    10/10 For effort, But i promise you ,

if you get this down within your skillset its so much more rewarding im willing to bet every penny i have on this one fact!

And most of the hardcore among us know library/presets wehen theyre being used like this

Last edited: Jun 25, 2024 at 9:44 PM
  4. Sourcednb

Sourcednb Ultrasonic

I synthesizemy bass and drums on a VSTi always, and your words are not substantiated.
    It’s not that I’m very worried about such criticism, it’s just that you’re talking complete crap about drum loops and bass loops, as if I inserted ready-made elements from a sample pack
    I have 10 different patches of my bass created with Phase plant, and all the automations for example, kick and snare are made with vsti too
    Even my Pad was created with a granular synthesis with personall effect chain.
    It’s not that I hate or despise samples or anything, the sound is multifaceted and any producers can use libraries or sample packs, but you said all sorts of crap while my track is 90% built on sounds that I personally synthesized and mixed. And even a one shot fx samples are processed.
    But personally, about you... I’m sure that you will suck me in terms of production and sound synthesis, I suppose your best work is not half as good as mine in terms of originality, skills, synthesis and lack of samples.
    For you personally, provide me with evidence of using huge amount of samples and even midi patterns as you described, otherwise you just told a lot of lies and gave me a bunch of unfounded criticism.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024 at 10:03 PM
  5. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Sorry But my words are very much substantiated

Im a Dnb producer since i was 21 and im 48 now and i can hear the very same library which i own

The bass loop youve used, whilst perhaps not a loop, nor midi data, Is at very least something youve heard and then reacreated, ive got it "Look, its fine, but i know library when i hear it

theres tell tale signs also, such as certain sections where youve attempted to transition but its out of sync,

"The hats you brin in after cutting the drums is in sync but the transition is wonky resulting in both overlap and premature note cuttoff"

"Im not trying to offend you, ive sat here, after a week of work, and without realising id used what i thought was an original hook whilst i was designing both the synth patch itself and the hook and what i thought was me, was in fact my subconciousness replaying a hook i knew and tricking my brain into thinking it was my own

That was a long time ago but it happens

Thing is the actual hook note for note is exactly the same

Granted the actual patch differs but it came in audio format, midi data, and the preset patches for i think serum/vital/ current

I can trawl thru my library

"Which i dont use for rhythmic loops other than if i source a worthy break to layer in my own work, but point being i can indeed pinpoint its exact origin if you wish

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024 at 1:03 AM
  6. clone

clone Audiosexual

No, they aren't. You typed a book in this guy's thread giving out a free song, in effort to make the thread somehow about you. He didn't even ask for feedback and you are bashing away at the track. I think the track is boring, but so is you giving the guy a hard time.

7. Sourcednb

Sourcednb Ultrasonic

I'm willing to bet 1000 bucks that there are no libraries, lol. Do you agree, my dear DNB veteran?
    The fact that I didn’t write about feedback doesn’t mean that I’m not happy about it, but you’re talking frankly nonsense. Therefore, my dear veteran, a thousand bucks and you will see that

8. Sourcednb

Sourcednb Ultrasonic

Introduce me that library lol, and other samples. So are so funny, before talking that you could type the library or preset you suppose i use. But everything what i Hear "i am very old prod bla bla bla, believe me"
    I am waiting for proofs

9. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

NOPE

I KNOW THAT HOOK
    Look i wasnt trying to be an asshole

Hah IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE THIS THEN ID ARGUE IM TALKING AS MUCH NONSENCE AS YOU ARE TRUTH

Cmon maan

Look i really dont care

But if your gonna put your supposed work up

make sure it is/ and if your going to do this, at least personalize it to a degree you wont get a smart ass such as myself calling you out

and im not arguing the point

Ask people on here, not a newbie that hasnt a clue

other people that have been here for 10 years, ask them, some wont know me personally, Most do!!

Yeah im critical about these things, my intent wasnt nastyness

But im not wasting time on this conversation as im speaking to a brickwall

And yh, can you say youve been in the game for 28 years "DOUGHT IT"

So when i said im a fukn veteran at this shit

Believe me i was surrounded by hardware 30 fukn years ago long before you were even born most likely

so when i tell you i can hear it and its obvious as a muther fucker to other Dnb Programmers worth a damn >>

"You can bet your ass its real talk"

I dont care about the mechanics of this, it is what it is

Im Not the bad guy here simply because ive got ears and was honest, But by all means play your loosing hand

10. Sourcednb

Sourcednb Ultrasonic

You repeated your experience many times, but in fact did not give any clues about the preset or library. All I hear is babbling and I see you blending in. You are doing the right thing, because you will disgrace yourself even more. Therefore, you can fail, and you can only come back with facts and evidence. You write the name of the library, the name of the preset, and not idle talk as you like, the bass is made on a phase plant. Give me a patch, at least a screenshot of the patch, it will be very exciting

11. Sourcednb

Sourcednb Ultrasonic

Name of library
    Name of preset
    Screenshots
    Proof
    You are welcome to type these things here

12. omiac

omiac Moderator Staff Member

Please, enough with this back and forth tit for tat insulting bullshit. Play nice or don't play at all. :winker:

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

I've thought about this. I'mma risk a warning point here to say you're wrong. There is a clear aggressor in this thread, yet you've moderated both of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. TimJackman

TimJackman Ultrasonic

Well this track is a banger! Good job man

15. clone

clone Audiosexual

Someone "making dnb for 28 years" complaining about some samples is like Wayne Gretzky complaining the Oilers didn't win the Stanley Cup because they are still using ice in Florida.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. holdup13

holdup13 Kapellmeister

Sounds good!! If I had to give any feedback, it would be that the drums, especially in the mid range, sound a bit muffled. It has the V shaped equalization but I feel like it would benefit from a bit more punch in the mid-range. But that's just me! Overall a nice DnB track!

17. SacyGuy

SacyGuy Ultrasonic

its a good track

keep goin'

18. omiac

omiac Moderator Staff Member

Not entirely sure what your point is here :dunno:

How do you know who or what I moderated and what was said behind closed doors (i.e., via PM)?

Did I single anyone out?

You're making a lot of assumptions here. The message was a reminder for everyone. So while you're certainly entitled to your opinion, your assumptions are way off base.

Ultimately, when two people engage in insults, regardless of who started it, they're then both breaking forum rules and both accountable for their actions.

You see, if one reports rather than responds, the "aggressor" receives all the "moderation".

Make sense?

*Lets all get back to the music now. If anyone has any further off topic questions, statements or constructive criticism, we have PM for that. TY!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Ultrasonic

intro is nice but drop sucks
    kabuki from makai was one of them who started this kind of stuff without flying hard hitting drum breaks
    :dunno:

20. Nefarai

Nefarai Ultrasonic

This argument is the epitome of the modern day struggle of the DnB producer and the oversaturated available drag n drop loops and samples in any sub sub genre, thing.

You use loops and everything is generic sounding and it's cheating, you don't use loops and it's either not professional sounding or it's too professional sounding and it's cheating... Or it's too leftfield and it's weird and noone wants it.

Ergo, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you damn don't

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  21. clone

clone Audiosexual

there is a loop in there that sounds like a sample from The Nine in it. Maybe something from Ram Raiders, maybe Kung Fu Fresh. A drum fill from Nanobugs. If you were going to make this kind of track in 2024 and were going to sample, those would be the records to sample. Or might just be heavy influence... From a production standpoint, it's well done. If someone complained about a free plugin like this....

Nothing sounds less generic in dance music than cut up funk/jazz live drummer breakbeats. They have swing and not rigid quantization. The world does not need more Addictive Drums 2 playing entire tracks. If it's even close to perfect, it must be AI. That will the next goalposts to move around.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2024 at 1:33 PM