My Techno Remix Competition Entry...

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by OOM, Oct 22, 2024 at 4:08 PM.

1. OOM

OOM Rock Star

Hoping to gain some listeners and feedback for my competition entry. Thanks!

• Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Radio

Radio Producer

Forward - never back, the beat of life drives us. I find your song very magical and imaginative.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. OOM

OOM Rock Star

Thank you for listening and for your positive & inspiring comment :wink::wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

OOOOooommmm lol; whats up yo

now this is just my honest opinion when i hear it, i also listened to the original for better context. homie shit aside it feels flat. not in like a pitchy way but in its energy and feeling. that could be intentional but personally it makes the song less physical, especially the kick, it reminds me of a flat tire; like its not full and it doesnt hit my chest. kind of makes the track sound thin, like more weight would make it more moving if that makes sense. especially when i hear the original, like that shits banging

i do think its a good remix though, in the sense that it adds your own identity to the original without just being a cover. i also like the synth lead work better than the original and the vocal samples are better in texture, i do like how the original vocal sample kinda changes more in pitch at points to create movement; but overall i found the vocal samples in yours to be better; i also like that its both masculine and feminine - i also think how your track progresses has better ideas than the original, though they follow a similar dynamic, i like the ideas in yours better. though some sections of the original just move you in a way thats hard to resist

overall though great job homie, only thing really that the original does better is it has more energy, its not the just tempo either; its everything together that listening too it on beautiful speakers, makes me wanna dance. i can dance to yours but it doesnt make me wanna dance; but i liked listening too it the textures are so smooth and for other reasons i said. so yeah thats just how i feel, hope it was useful to you homie and good luck with your contest - oh! i also like your cover art better

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. OOM

OOM Rock Star

Heyyyyy!! lol @Grape Ape I think it's getting over-compressed when uploaded to Soundcloud due to the levels I master... I also thought it didn't sound as full as before when I heard tracks I'd played back through SoundCloud. I think my LUFS target should be -14 rather than -8 before uploading there. Not sure if it will make a difference, but I'll try the next time I want to upload something. Maybe that or just the difference between a pro-mastered track and mine lol! Thank you for taking the time to listen and give some constructive criticism. Much appreciated! Hope all is good with you:wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Oh. Bass! Finally! A techno track with fucking bass! I keep hearing bullshit bassless tracks all the time and meh... No wonder why people have stopped dancing unless there's a substance in their guts lol.
    7 points out of 10 just for making my Focal subwoofer pump. I played this as loud as it can get and raised hands haha. Techno is not my every day cup of tea but i do love a good in-your-face dance track and yours delivers fine. A little too static musically perhaps, i would prefer some more variety in synth work there, but each to their own. I can live with what you already offer, it has the energy to lift the listener. Good luck man.
    Cheers

Last edited: Oct 23, 2024 at 8:50 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. OOM

OOM Rock Star

@taskforce Haha!! Massive thanks for taking the time to listen to my track, as well as leaving a comment that made me smile! Happy to know that you liked what you heard and I made your sub pump haha Cool avatar btw ;) Cheers! Much appreciated :wink:

9. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

I too find it a bit too static, could benefit from more down parts like at 5:00 or filtered sounds, but all in all good one, me likes.
    Also you nailed
    and bass in this genre. :yes:

And regarding SC, they recommend -1dB if the track is below -14 LUFS, and 2dB if the track is above this loudness.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

@No Avenger : what are you quoting me for? it might not be intended that way, but it comes off as you trying to say im wrong, which im not - its how i feel and ive listened to a lot of techno, going back to the 80s till now

not saying thats your intention; but where i come thats throwing shade at me, which is not necessary to express your how YOU feel about it, which isnt more valid than how i feel. it comes off as disrespectful to me

11. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Naahhh. Don't mean to interfere in this but No Avenger ain't that kinda guy. I don't understand how you received this as negative. He just meant the OP nailed the kick and bass in a more cheeky way. Perhaps you didn't like it but it's ok, it ain't dissing, imho always... :)
    Cheers man

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

@taskforce : oh okay, i believe you, youre solid and you seem to know him better than i do. so ill take your word for it, was just making sure

13. aschnt

aschnt Platinum Record

Very solid track bro. Textures and overall spectrum completely mastered. I join the other tho on the energy. It's not that it lacks energy, it's full of it, but yet, something feels like missing. I think it is probably smth with the kick.

It is absolutely perfect for the fist 1:50 but then i think it should change a bit. Layered or re-EQed maybe ? But something to feel less like in a high-pass filter. Then back to this kick for the last part.

But yeah bro, excellent track!

14. clone

clone Audiosexual

I liked it. Reminds me of some Umek beats and a Josh Wink track.

15. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Wasn't meant this way at all. You had the feeling the kick was flat and that's a matter of taste and therefore can't be wrong and I wanted to comfort the OP and make clear that this sound is absolutely not uncommon in this genre and that's a matter of fact.

And I appreciate the fact that you trusted our ol' member @taskforce who's usually right - which is also a matter of fact. :winker: