My stupid questions never end! This time with long melody

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

I don't mean to be diminishing but, you should ask yourself similar questions about your knowledge of theory. Because you wrote a diminished chord and @Andrew clearly states the contrary.

One last thing here you state:
    But anyone who professes a true desire for music creation and truly wants to express themselves freely, should have no problem with any number of chords in a reasonably(or unreasonably) long progression.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. foster911

foster911 Guest

He states for the chords themselves not the scale. By C diminished I meant the C diminished scale. About 6 number of chords in succession in the middle of progression belong to C diminished scale.
    Yes you're right but please notice that playing with chords is the most challenging part of the western music and abrupt changing of keys without or with less convincing reasons can cause ambiguities even for pros.:rofl:

3. TwinBorther

TwinBorther Kapellmeister

AAAANDDD with all this, I grant you the Troll Title of AudioSex. Have a good day

4. foster911

foster911 Guest

Have any useful idea about it please let's profit from it otherwise don't be malicious.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  5. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

@foster911 No need to stick to 80bpm, that's why I provided the MIDI. It's all your choice. :yes:

Depending on the mood setting you want to achieve. It's not needed, but it does make the whole piece a bit more interesting, than circling around one root as most pop music tracks do - uni>4th>5th>uni>4th>5th>6th>4th>5th>3rd ...

It gets more vivid when you take the journey across non-standard progressions, say Cmaj > Emaj > Abmin and finally you return from where you started.

Apologies if what I've written isn't musical theory accurate.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017