My recommendations for cheap and good audio (≤100$, no amp needed)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Xeraser, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

"I'm tired of hearing about your Hifimans and Audeze's dying for the 4th time this year."

Warning: opinions ahead.

Headphones:
    IEMs:

THE KOSS KORNER (FUCK YEAH KOSS):
    DACs:

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  3. synths4grins

synths4grins Producer

Totally agree on the Koss KSC75. They sound really good and at $18.50 on Amazon there's no better value. They are a bit brighter than the other Koss headphones mentioned, but I like that better than the darker muddier sound of the others. I bought all three and only kept the Koss KSC75. There is also a cheap $9 headphone you can get and it will replace the over the ear clips with its headband, it just clips right on. Don't remember the model number off hand. Highly recommend the Koss KSC75 for casual listening and on the go with your phone.

4. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

Yep! The headband is the Parts Express headband, comes with drivers nobody uses but it's perfect for the KSC75s and Yuin G2As. It's comfier than the clips (not that they're bad) and they improve the clamp and sound too.

They're definitely the brightest of the 3 (PP, 75s, 30is) but they're also the clearest so it's a good tradeoff. The treble isn't even bad imho.

I'd like to get another headband, make a mold with it and have one made out of aluminium or something. Or find someone with dead PPs and use that headband.