My rapidgator hacked?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by anon69, Dec 6, 2021.

1. anon69

anon69 Producer

I got 15 emails about my rapidgator account adding whitelists and other stuff from random ip's in germany, russia, and china. Luckily the rg account is old and i dont use that password anymore.for any other accounts. Anywhere in RG i need to check for saved credit cards or history? Changed the password on it already.

My email does not use the same password. Example email I received (in german):

Hallo,
    Sie haben einen deaktivieren IP-Check bei der Anmeldung angefordert.
    Bitte klicken Sie auf den folgenden Link, um die Änderungen zu aktivieren:https://rapidgator.net/site/IpRestriction/key/

And:

Hallo,
    Ihre Weiße Liste wurde um die folgenden IP-Adressen erweitert, die auf Ihr Konto zugreifen können:

- 123.117.237.166/Beijing, China

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

did you use the same password somewhere else?

bcs i have a standard password, which is use for random crap stuff. And i noticed it was random tried on some things.

better still change password.

4. BufferOverflow

BufferOverflow Member

Are you sure the emails really came from rg? You can check your account directly (not clicking any email links) to see IP changes. It sounds like phishing attempts.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

no-one is going to spam email phish hoping to randomly locate RG customers. so someone obviously knows OP has an account and the email account that registration is tied to. The email is probably legit, which would make next step to just treat it like any other compromised account information anyway.

6. BufferOverflow

BufferOverflow Member

That's why I said to check the account itself and didn't mention "randomly" at all. Though you'd be surprised at how many broad phishing campaigns there are.