My Post Malone Mashup, My Artist Sings 13 Songs Over 1 Beat

Discussion in 'Music' started by Cip, May 27, 2018.

1. Cip

Cip Noisemaker

Hey guys, I have been waiting for awhile to share something exciting with you all and this is my first post on the forum! I would like to share a little bit about the creative process behind this and how it all came together. I have been working with a very talented singer named Dan Sky (Making The Band: Season 4) on his comeback and us being big Post Malone fans, I came up with the idea to do a Post Malone Mashup / medley and share with the world on YouTube.

CREATION PROCESS:
    I first was able to get all of Post Malone's Acapellas, and for a few days, I transposed and time stretched them all to fit over the same beat. I decided on the "I Fall Apart" instrumental (80BPM). I put the acapellas in a way that it could be performed live without any overlaps. After a few days of perfecting the order I then sent it to Dan to learn and then I started reproducing an original beat inspired from the "I Fall Apart" record. I went thru all of his Malone's acapellas and sampled all his harmony vocal riffs he does thru out his songs and sampled them all and played them in as instruments in the beat. I then replayed the guitars, drums, and got creative with the rest of the instrumentation and it came to life. We then booked a day at the film studio, I rented a Sony A7rIII, a ronin, and a couple expensive lenses and I shot the video. After a long stretch of video editing, color grading and song recording and mixing, we finally can share with the world! I Hope you enjoy it and I am very excited to hear all of your feedback!

-Cip