My new tune.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Oct 14, 2015.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

I just created this tune from 0 to 100 without using any midi. I hope you'd love it. It's in Fmaj scale using 3 and 4 note chords with inversions and doubling notes tricks. With this method, creating accidental melodies would be so simple. If any one knows artists of this genre (I don't know what to call it), I'd be so glad to hear about it. Btw, sorry for instrument selection if you don't like because it's been done so fast. I just love playing with chords and rhythms. Not a professional mastering has been done on it. Izotope Ozone is the only suite that has been used. Not also any monitoring tool and speaker. Just headphone.

Used plugins and sounds:
    Image-line Synths+ FluidR3 GM Bank

Used Chords in order (but for sounding like mine you should use 6 notes for each chord and also invert it):
    A#5 Fsus4 Asus4 A#maj A#maj A#add9 Fadd9 Cmaj

Melody notes in order (the simplest melody on the Earth):
    A# A E A# A G F E D C

If you'd listen to it 10000 times, you'd never get bored because in every time you'll get a new feeling. Try to sing on it. I found the meaning of hook in it.

The link
    https://www.mediafire.com/?aype7nhfk4xbooe

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Ben

Ben Member

I really like how you've done something a bit different.

Try and channel the excitement you have for the chords and rythms and spend a bit of time polishing the song as a whole.
    I think it has a lot of potential and with some time could turn out to be a really unique track!

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

sounds like a few bars from a 80's video game..

..needs work... IMO.

5. Ben

Ben Member

Maybe give some positive advice on where he could improve. It's easy to criticise.

6. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

I don't give out participation trophies.. or sugar coating.. its.. bad.

I said what I thought... if it was super fantastico.. i would have said so.

I wouldn't even know how to start advising how to improve this.. nor am i obligated to do so.

Not all critique is good.... Its also EASY to blow sunshine up someones ass...

just stick to your opinion.. and let me worry about mine my man.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Ben

Ben Member

You are entitled to your opinion, but imagine if this was someone's first track and they weren't confident about it at all. And what you've said makes them never want to produce music again.
    Surely you agree that although their content may need work and isn't to your liking, putting them off writing music completely isn't a good thing.
    Honesty is good though so kudos to you

8. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

As One Reason says, needs more work

you have the basis for a tune so you need to start fleshing it out, beginning / middle / end / etc (if you want to create a 3-4 minute song)

the melody is a little robotic, needs more feeling/emotion with the playing of it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Sounds like Miami Vice muisc, but in a good way. Needs a feelgood bridge.

10. recycle

recycle Guest

My golden rules:
    • Never ever listen to positive feedback: this is only useful to feed the ego, but not to create better music. Be much more aware to negative comments, analyze them and understand why they were made.
    • You should never listen to the feedback of another musician
    • in case of creative emergency, watch “Fantasia” the Walt Disney movie

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. I think you have a really good start of something that you will hopefully continue expanding into a whole song with some changes. I really feel the enthusiasm and your love of music. Keep it up, and when you have a little more of it to share come back for more advice on how to follow through when mixing. Also, it would be nice to open a soundcloud account or some other place to post your music so people do not have to download your song, but rather stream them. Keep it up and please share more in the future.

12. mile15

mile15 Producer

It reminds me of the band "The Birthday Massacre" but needs more work.

13. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I think one reason why One Reason (that happened organically and I'm leaving it) says it sounds like an 80s video game is because of the sounds themselves. Just find a nice synth (Serum, Massive, Synthmaster, Zebra, etc. etc.) and pick better presets.

@Ben One Reason gets a lot of flack from newcomers about his attitude. He means no harm, just doesn't pull any punches. If someone posted their first track and was told "it needs more work", hopefully they should already know that and it would not discourage them. I would advocate leaving at least one specific piece of advice or criticism, but as he says, it's not his duty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

sounded kinda 80s to me also, interesting that a drum can get repetitive in a 30 sec snippet.
    U should at least minimize that snare up sweep less often

a lot of volume tweaks and disabling verbs and delays on the instruments then replacing them with your own will most likely give it more "feel" maybe it can let it all blend better,

is that sytrus I hear?

15. foster911

foster911 Guest

I love you people that spent your valuable time listening to this tune.
    Creating a whole track needs more knowledge about Song form, etc. I love just to create the hook part of the song that would be memorizable. Being acquainted with bass, drum, etc. is a need but are only the small parts of any song. I think as a person it's better to focus just on one part and let it be completed by other members of the team.

Yes melody is with Sytrus Acid preset. I think dominant synths are only good for creating background ambiant sounds and most of the song parts do not need to use any special synth. I have installed most of them, believe me they do not help your music to be better but sounds a bit different and just waste your CPU power.

16. retroboy

retroboy Producer

put this through a bit crusher with some daft dialogue samples on it and put it out as Aphex Twin..no one will know the difference :rofl:

17. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

If you take what you have and map out over a 3-4 minute arrangement to organize what parts will serve to intro, what parts will pick it up, and what parts will be revealed during the chorus/es you'll find there isn't enough to provide that yet. The 80's sounding synth would be most commonly used to pick up the latter half of a verse part, to lift mood amid your chorus part, and not necessarily used within both. You can listen to ideas from others collectively and used them to help in a final decision about which direction you want to head with this. Or, obviously you have the right to stick exclusively to your own intuition when it comes to arranging your music. If it was my task to continue on with what you've got I would either stretch it out and map how these initial tracks will progress so my ears can tell me what needs something on top of it, and all that needs to be there that isn't even there yet. Or.. I would high-pass filter your whole arrangement and use it as only a background element somewhere in a whole new arrangement.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  18. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thanks
    Thanks so much. I'll definitely take your kind advice in completing that.

But please listen to this track.
    The whole song is in G minor scale with just 3 chords (D#maj, Gm, Fmaj) with the repetitive pattern.
    https://www.mediafire.com/?k6d63tytrqtfnd4

19. sayhey1988

sayhey1988 Member

I think One Reason needs work.... Go complain about some GUI and stop pretending to know anything... You're no pro, just another charlatan.

20. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

and you are a pro? a pro idiot? please leave your personal insults to pm's only, One Reason made a generic reply, it was not insulting, unlike your reply, why not make a positive critique yourself about the OP's music rather than worrying what someone else has or has not said?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  21. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Would you genuinely expect someone to follow your advice when clearly you don't follow your own?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List