My new Tune, I need thoughts about it, Thanks in advance Audio Lovers.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by IllBert, Jan 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. IllBert

IllBert Producer

3. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

Vocalist?

4. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

listening with my laptop speaker atm, for now just change the clap, or use a compressor with a slow release, and add some delays to the vocals, with some filtered delay and sidechaine it to the main vocal...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. IllBert

IllBert Producer

Cristina García, shes a friend of mine.

6. IllBert

IllBert Producer

Thanks Bro

7. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Great lyrics! lol

Jokes aside, I agree with MrLyannMusic. The vocals would benefit of an automated delay here and there. It will help giving some extra movement to the track.

8. IllBert

IllBert Producer

hahahaha I didnt want complicated lyrics just some one shots and short phrases. Thanks Ill try to add some delay, what delay setup you reccomend for this type of vocal?

9. IllBert

IllBert Producer

Despite the many improvements that the song obviously can have, what do you think of the structure, musicality etc

10. focusrite

Are you automating vocal gain? Vocal rider or something similar? You might try a dynamic eq. Sounds really good though :like:

11. focusrite

Song structure has an abrupt ending? Not that I'm a fan of long mixes lol.

12. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

I think the structure is fine, really.

What could really be improved is movement. I think it needs better panning and some automation in this aspect. The vocals are a little bit too polished for my taste...I think the high shelf (or whatever you've used to give it that high boost) is a bit exaggerated, making it sound too artificial (but this is mostly a matter of taste).

Listen to the first song in this album, Euphorbia, for example of nice movement and dynamics:

http://shop.kilowattsmusic.com/album/seven-succulents

R.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  13. IllBert

IllBert Producer

That tune is amazing, im way too far to doing something similar, but ill try my best, I spend 90% of my time in experimenting and learning music production, hope one day I can make some pro-sounding songs.

14. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Forget about making pro sounding songs. What does it mean to make a pro sounding song? To sound like everybody else?

Look forward making you sounding songs.

This is not really my favorite style, but I can see where you're going and I think it can sound great with some adjustments here and there. Like they say, the devil is in the details.

Listen to these downtempo guys like Kilowatts, Omnimotion, Bluetech, etc...These guys are masters of crafting very detailed and dynamic songs.

15. IllBert

IllBert Producer

I was just referring to the quality and dynamics of those songs, my songs almost always come out of my dreams, I dont know if thats common, but I often dream of songs. It's just that I only discovered my passion about music production 2 years ago, and only last 6 months taking it seriously, so my knowledge at the moment is very limited, but Im improving in big steps.
    I will actively listen to all the music you reccomend me. Thanks!

16. CelsoBJ

CelsoBJ Guest

The structure is fine. I agree about adding movement to the vocals with a delay, and maybe a bass line in the strongest parts of the song, to add groove and bass (lows). Something simple would work (two or three notes grooving). It's not my style, but I liked it.

17. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

i disagree with the comments about the structure being correct. I think the drop out of the chords around 1 min mark kills the vibe of the song.. I'm not an expert but I have a good ear and this is my opinion of course:wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Nope... the idea can be good, but there's a LOT to improve... specially the structure.
    Can't agree more

19. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

The first thing I would do is bring the vocals in a milisec or two later from the position they're in now. The place they're in is too perfect and the rest of the sounds need to be heard. Musically the it's too thin/light; more things need to be happening to make it interesting. And then when something different or interesting or different comes in it sounds (sorry) like an 80s Amiga game :yes:. And yes, the lyrics are too lazy in that they're too simple. I hope you can use at least some of the advice and start again.

20. IllBert

IllBert Producer

Well, thanks so much, I've recently read a book about not being obsesed with my own songs, skills come with practice, and best way is to make tons of songs, I will always be able to come back to this song when Im ready to take it to the next level, I think its good enough for the moment even if it has tons of errors, I made it in 3 days (10 hours more or less). That doesnt mean I wont take all your critics in my advance in the future, I love criticism.

21. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

The vocals could use some serious saturation between about 150-350Hz. I'm almost certain that that vocalist doesn't offer much in that frequency range given how high her voice is, but some added warmth in that area seems like it would make the vocals a bit thicker and sit nicer in the mix. Also maybe try and experiment with some stabs on certain parts of the vocals to give them a chorus affect. Have her record a high and low part, then pan them left and right from the main vox. Be subtle with it.

Other then that pretty good song. Personally I think if it was a tad darker with some simplistic minor chord/scale changes it would be flawless. Anyways I'll stop rambling. Good song.