MY NEW TRACK

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by AV Pogosyan, Sep 23, 2011.

1. AV Pogosyan

AV Pogosyan Newbie

http://soundcloud.com/avpogosyan/musicworld :grooves:

3. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

Great idea!!! Now, dont take my next paragraph wrong. Constructive criticism brotha.

I really think you should remix the song. Throw some distortion in there!! Get it dirty!!! Its too clean. The reverb is meh. But the biggest problem I hear is your use of side chain compression. The synths have more transients in them then the drums. That totally kills a dance track. Like I said, its a great idea, but it lacks sonically which these days sometimes means more to the production than the song itself. I know you want the thumping ala' Daft Punk effect, but you gotta learn how to do it right brotha!!! You can do it!!!!

Check out Pensados Place

Deadmau5 has released some great SC comp tips too...

PS/ Im sorry if that sounded harsh, but its better to keep it real then blow smoke up your ass.

4. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Posted in the wrong area of the forum other than that , nice track.

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

This is an excellent track. love the progressive feel of your arrangment, but........

I have to agree with the first reply. It does kinda sound like your drums are weak. They are clear, but compared to the synths they sound dull. Compression, Eqing, Layering, theres so many different way to go about beefing them up. I myself would probably try a combination of these methods. or maybe just some sort of transient shaper plug on your drumbus? to crispy them up some? Its almost there, just a little tweaking and it will BANG proper. *yes*
    --
    sG

6. Xiny6581

Xiny6581 Noisemaker

This song sure got some kush in it. I like and feel it getting around. Some tips to push this to another step is:
    -Work on the snare, it sounds way to static and a bit weak for a progressive song like this. One way is to just make small changes on the decay and release.
    Also the panning is a bit odd. It feels a bit too much in left. One way could be to break it up a bit. Many tips has been shared and I agree to what’s been said. To get some more juice in the snare. Do an “EQ-analyze” and see/detect where the key is. Lower the rumble frequencies around 50-60hz, to avoid getting too much honeymud for the compressor. Okay so here is the finetune bro.

Add a bit of transient around "that key" and lift it just a few dB to get give it some punch. Depending on the sound you're after. Somekind of tiny reverb could be nice and yeah how awesome isn't it to just progress the snare a bit here and there by feeding the wet/dry a bit on the reverb. Just to add some texture on the fly ;)

-Okay so then we come to the hats and percussions. It would seriously kick the lid of to have some defined hats that adds energy to the soundimage. Just that little delay or a bit of phaseshift here and there in the song is fine.
    Some congas or djembe percussions would give some more organic feeling in to the song. But same here, just that little extra twist of pepper so you won't overwork the song and ruin the sweet definition you have built up. We love to be surprised and get that "WOW, what the heck happened???" and then boom! it's gone :) :break:

-The stabs are nice and sits fine there and yeah some more spatial-feeling every here and then would crank some energy into this song.
    Give it a few tries and yes this will make people dance in that frikking house! :dancing:

Best luck,
    Xiny6581 :mates: