my new Track - Navigator

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Tom Arch, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Tom Arch

Tom Arch Newbie

It's always fun when you learn and create at the same time :) Started as experiment with guitar sound, it has been mixed into cool Breaks.
    I am not an FL Studio pro, only learning some basic stuff. Anyway, I hope you will like it.

VST's used in this track:

Harmor
    Gross Beat
    Izotope Ozone 5
    U-He Uhbik
    Fruity Love Philter
    and many more...

http://soundcloud.com/tune-in-1/navigator

3. Torture

Torture Newbie

Hey,
    this starts out pretty nice. some good ambient groove. And the sound that comes in at about 0.18 is very familiar and memorable. But a little loud though...or maybe a little to much compression or to little eqing.
    There is already so much going on in this part that you gotta be very careful with placing the sounds, eqing and compression. Could also be just the levels...which would be the easiest fix!
    I like the flute sound but again I think its pretty loud in the mix. Because its that high it is already very prominent it can be used a little more subtile.
    I would probably go for a much quieter part there to really build up the tension. Probably taking even more away from the drums, making them quieter, or just automate the volume or a uprising filter to the drop.

I actually don't like the big, loud, heavy guitar like synth sound that much. Maybe its just not my taste, but I think it could at least use a little more sound work.
    Probably a little fuller with a more controlled distortion. I would probably go ahead and route it to a limiter or something like sausage fattener and record the limit track to an audio track. And then do some ducking on that one to let the drums through!

The breakdown is pretty crazy, but I like that. Fits the hard hitting part before.

4. Tom Arch

Tom Arch Newbie

Thanks for the comment! I know this track is overcompressed, so I've reduced compression a bit, also, made some volume tweaking.
    I've changed flute part, and also somehow tweaked this distorted lead. Hope it will sound better now.

http://soundcloud.com/tune-in-1/navigator-mix2

5. Torture

Torture Newbie

Uh yeah...much better now. I actually like the big lead now. Could be a bit more bassy for my taste...but thats just me. I think it would stand out more as the "big main part" with a little more bass.
    The stutter/break beat behind the flute fits nice. I do even think you could bring up the flute a little more now...:)
    You should check the effect at 2.08 or something. I think its peaking and holds the track down a bit right now, that its not over compressed.

But over all pretty nice atmospheric, effected, glitchy piece of work!