My new song (Demo 2) opinions please

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by kearnsy, Feb 23, 2013.

1. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Hi everyone

Here's the latest song i'm working on called open up your heart to me Youtube Link

This is the 2nd demo of this track

Let me know what you think if you would with regards to the song itself, levels, mixing, anything that could be improved etc.

Thanks

3. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

Very nice song overall, something I would listen to for sure.

I love the sleazy vibe of the electric guitar, suits the song and the vocals very well.

Backing vocals are spot-on for me, nice whistle solo :dancing: Maybe at 2:30 ish heading into the next part, give the vocals a bit more aggression/grit. It would help to indicate "NEW PART COMING!" and hype up the listener for the chorus. Thats my only real criticism.

I dont produce this kinda music so I cant offer too much in terms of improvement

4. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

the production is great like paus said though its not my type of Music ether but it sounds good and is put together well and the video is cool

5. delgadilloalex

delgadilloalex Newbie

great job, there is a nice vibe to this song mixed with video. you helped me to unwind after a 12 hour shift. thank you

6. Yubidi

Yubidi Newbie

Hahahaha !
    Very nice indeed, and the 80's too (Not the drumsound, but the overall feel).
    Would be nice if you put a tremolo over one of the guitars ( becomes very tarentino "60's/70's" that way )..
    Maybe some more layers of different (guitar) sounds ?
    But there is no surprise in the song, it's all very minor. Then again; it's all taste.
    I would go for the surprise; suddenly all becomes major or in another key etc...
    But there's absolutely nothing wrong with it (mix too), keep it up !
    You might want to have some more surprises (FX/other sounds and layers IMO) in it in the mix too (Voice and guitar etc).
    But it is not dull at all, the way it is, if this is what you're going for.
    Good job overall !!