My Mojave Installs Diary on MacBook Pro Retina 2015.

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by vanhaze, Jul 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

Dear all,

This week I installed Mojave Beta on a blank Partition on my external Samsung T5 SSD drive.
    The install took me around 15 minutes and went flawless.

Software(all latest versions available, all legally owned) that I installed so far seem to work just fine (did not do heavy testing though):

- OSX Mojave Public Beta 3
    - Reaper 5.93 - 64bit.
    - Protools v2018.4 (although message popping up that this software needs an update in future).
    - Logic Pro X 10.4.1

- UAD Software (plugins and driver software for my Apollo Twin TB)
    All UAD plugins work in Reaper, LPX and Protools and the Apollo works correctly as an audio device in these daws.
    - Ilok Manager software
    - E-licenser software.(although message popping up that this software needs an update in future).
    - All Native Instruments plugins.
    - All Meldaproduction plugins (restart of Mac required for the AU versions to be seen).
    - All Fabfilter plugins (restart of Mac required for the AU versions to be seen).
    - Spire VST and AU (restart of Mac required for the AU version to be seen).
    - All Soundtoys Plugins
    - Waves Complete V10. (AU,VST,VST3 and AAX are working).

Overall impression of Mojave:
    - It just flies on my MacBook retina 2015, incredible snappy.
    - The Darkmode is looking amazing imho.
    - No bugs encountered and no crashes so far.
    - All plugins so far installed were validated successfully in Logic Pro X ; no scan crashes or invalidations.
    - When doing a soft restart back to the Mojave partition, it takes about a minute to load ..:(

I will do further software (plugins) installs and will keep you posted in this post about those.

Warm Regards!
    Rob.