My main DAW?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by dvvdv, Jun 29, 2018.

?

Which should I choose?

1. Ableton Live

18 vote(s)
    30.5%
  2. FL Studio

13 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. Logic Pro X

13 vote(s)
    22.0%
  4. Reaper

18 vote(s)
    30.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

Cubase 9.5 Pro is indeed an amazing DAW.
    If only it didn't have enormous GUI lag issues on my macbook retina, while zooming/navigating, It may have been my number 1 DAW instead of Reaper.
    The Chord Track and Chord Helper is utterly amazing imho.
    But performancewise, for many mac users,it's not an ideal DAW..

Warm Regards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. voidSeeker

voidSeeker Kapellmeister

As for DP, those teeny tiny velocity flags and the fact you have to have 2 tracks for every VI instrument tracks sucks...

3. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

As I don't compose on my phone or iPad, the size of those flags in DP doesn't bother me. You can also zoom waaaaaay in inside the Graphic Editor screen and the velocity flags get nice and big. And despite having to create two tracks to utilize a VI, it only takes me five seconds to do so, as opposed to opening the giant cartoon Credit Karma/Quick Tour Of Microsoft welcome screen in Logic, selecting the Create Instrument Track icon, then opening the mixer window (because Logic is apparently incapable of just allowing you to choose which instrument or VI you actually wanted from the get-go and defaults to ... EXS Electric Fucking Piano?), clicking on the VI insert in the VI's mixer channel, then browsing for the VI or instrument you actually wanted in the first place. This goes back to my "cartoonishly simple and overly-complicated at the same time" comment from earlier.

4. voidSeeker

voidSeeker Kapellmeister

OK gotcha. I haven't spent much time in Logic, just a month running it in VMWare to see what all the fuss was about. I'm in Windows and was considering going to Mac for Logic and Symbolic Composer which I bought, big mistake...

5. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Being a Mac guy, I hate to admit it, but ... you probably have a hell of a lot better DAW choices in Windoze. MacOS has some good ones, just not as many to choose from. And out of all of them, I'm not sure why so many Mac guys choose Logic.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. voidSeeker

voidSeeker Kapellmeister

OK thanks for that advice, you're the second person to tell me that. Plus the fact that Mac's are at least 1/3 higher in price for the same hardware if not more, and you can't build them yourself. I'm pretty happy right now in Studio One doing what I'm doing, mostly library and trailer music so maybe I should stay put. Just looking around the last year and trying everything! (I wrote little music during this time period)...

7. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

If you get a Mac, get a used one (but not too used, as the processors aren't getting faster, but the Thunderbolt and USB connectors are). If you have a PC that runs well, stick with it, and if you're out to blow serious money on a PC, get a an iZ Technology RADAR Workstation, which is the best computer for audio on the market.

8. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

I had to go on a week long vision quest with nothing but a playstation MTV music maker disc before I woke up one morning confused with a strange DAW next to me.. We've been together ever since. Choose wisely or all sessions will have to be reformatted when you switch~

9. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Try all decide which you like most

10. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual