My Mac runs better using Bootcamp Win11

Discussion in 'PC' started by Moogerfooger, Mar 4, 2023.

?

Cake or Death?

Poll closed May 12, 2023.
  1. Cake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Death

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Im pretty damn surprised how much better my intel 2018 MBP runs in Bootcamp Windows 11 vs Ventura. So much so Im currently reformatting all of my ext HDs to NTFS & saying goodbye to MacOS for all of my audio & visual work. Sure I'll prob come back for the occasional Logic feature or synth that isn't available on the PC side. But got-damn man. It feels like its breathed new life into this aging laptop...

The other benefit - which is why I tried it out in the 1st place - was I day trade options Mon-Fri & futures over the wknd. Thinkorswim by TD Ameritrade was just a bear to use in Ventura, could only get 5-6 charts up before serious lag. & the DOM would start to lag when volatility would ramp up especially at opening bell... I can now have all the top 10 SPY tickers, /ES & Q's futures, $ADD & VIX up along with 10 other multiple timeframe charts of SPY or SPX including moving averages, VWAP & daily fibonacci pivot points up on all charts with no lag/chop & the trading DOMs for both calls/puts with no lag... What the Hell dude. I really need to buy a legit PC this year.

3. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

You should always do what makes you happy when it comes to such things. It's great that are so many flavors of ice cream, so many different kinds of BBQ, so many different way to cook a bean, more than just one OS and we get to enjoy as much or as little of it as we allow ourselves to.

We also change our minds from time to time. Went from pistachio, to pecan, to lemon, to strawberry, to almond and back to pistachio myself and when I loved each one, I love it deeply and truly, till I loved an other in its stead.

That's life.