My love for logic

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Pollice verso, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    @saltwater Thanks.So this must be me.BTW when I use a controller , all the automation works fine.If I use mouse, it does that.might be something with the input device instead of LPX itself.

2. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

I am not having any issues, on the laptop or the iMac, seems to run smoothly.

3. statik

statik Audiosexual

my only issue currently is 10.12 and up, gonna have to update if i want to use 10.4

4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

My love for Cubase.

I was sitting on a bench , alone. It was winter, freezing. Drinking wine, feeling sorry for myself. After two hours, when i almost didnt feel my legs any more, an old men approached me.
    The old man said, boy i will you give this box for your soul. I said, what the hell.
    He looked like Steve Vai. Strange huh?
    Well, the rest is history, been feeling rather empty yet very productive since then, unlimited power an all that stuff. Yay.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. tooloud

tooloud Guest

10.4 has, for the first time ever, included a new feature I hate. It has split the loops and SFX into Apple and User files. The User files are not searchable which for my work in film is a disaster. In a few seconds I was previously able to find a hundred creaky doors. Now I have to physically look for them and I have over 100,000 of them. This is a big fail for me.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  6. Chabolak

Chabolak Newbie

In my experience, Logic is not a less capable audio editor comparing to other DAWs. I use it for both music and voiceover projects. You just need to learn the tricks. If you spend some time learning the necessary key commands, you will find it very efficient and easy to use.

7. Martinique

Martinique Noisemaker

> Pollice verso
    Stay on Logic, use it, reuse it, exploit it, abuse it, violate it and believe me... you'll be fine and at the Top. Just like me! :bleh: :wink:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  8. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    @tooloud are you sure? I'm on the same part in the industry and I'm ok. except if your workflow is different. I still use the "browser" Logic has built in and is searchable.Did I misunderstand your point?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. saltwater

saltwater Guest

just noticed i have the same issue if i use the mouse, and there is indeed a 2 sec delay till alchemy shows up, i wasn't noticing it because other smaller plugins show up instantly. so, same here.

• List
  10. tooloud

tooloud Guest

My user loops are on an external SSD and were greyed out at start up. I reindexed and had only Apple Loops so I dragged the user folder into the browser window but the message I got was new to me. I had a cancel option or the option to import them as Untagged Loops.

11. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Removed old index. Placed an alias inside the Apple Loops folder and reindexed. Recovered 80,000 loops and have 20,000 without metatags. Good enough for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. willynucka

willynucka Ultrasonic

Logic has needed a new sampler for about 8 years. Still got love for it, though.

13. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

It's called "Alchemy" and from the sound design perspective, I would choose it over Kontakt.

• List
  14. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

15. willynucka

willynucka Ultrasonic

I should say that my issue is chopping and stretching samples quickly. Alchemy never solved that for me. I switched to Ableton and haven't looked back.

Still love Logic for tracking and mixing tho.

16. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

im still mad @ crapple buying Camel Audio and basically making my Alchemy useless. (yes i bought alchemy.)

17. Alfa

Alfa Newbie

oh logic pro x 10.4 i love this DAW

18. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

:wink:

Logic WAT ???

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018