My Focusrite Pro 40 LEDs

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Gino09, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Gino09

Gino09 Newbie

I see,,I ordered the card yo sent me,,,can't wait.

2. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

About what I said earlier: In the hardware manager of windows, I systematically deactivated this function each time I saw it, in any driver:
    "authorize the computer to switch off this peripheral to save energy' I deactivated ALL that I found, because when I do audio, I need that my computer to be responsive and fast, as fast as possible.

Of course if one do that, it means that one's computer will consume a little more energy, but who cares?

Of course this applies to fixed comp, not to laptops.

3. Gino09

Gino09 Newbie

I tried to disable some,,don't have that option! I am just going to leave it alone,this is a powerful PC with sufficient memories.
    Will see how it behaves when I get it going with my orchestral plug in's.

Attached Files:

4. Amore_de_la_Vida

[​IMG]

Do you see the first image you posted? the first setting you have to change is "HD audio controller", you have to set it to "Disabled', save and reboot.

5. Gino09

Gino09 Newbie

OK.

Ok, will do.

Yes I will do that once I get the new card,,thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2021
  6. Talula

Talula Rock Star

typical modern uefi bios with minimal setup options...
    as I see, user cannot change any power settings, right?

try to find it in windows (not sure this available in latest windows os edition). you need something like "power management" => switch mode to "maximum productivity" or something looks lie it. then press "advanced" (if available) and check "turn off automatic switch computer to sleep mode", etc...

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Don't let audio glitches ruin your performances!

An in-depth guide to tuning Windows for reliable real-time audio performance. A free eBook.

• Are you a musician running audio software on Windows?

• Have you encountered issues with audio “glitches” - drop-outs, clicks, stuttering and other unwanted noises?

• Did you know that by default Windows is not configured for reliable real-time audio?

• Is your machine stable for hours at a time and then randomly glitches for no apparent reason?

Whether you're composing in your bedroom, recording a podcast or performing in front of a packed house this book can help you get your machine running at it's best.

www.cantabilesoftware.com/glitchfree/

8. Gino09

Gino09 Newbie

Here is the new card,,it's in. I am about to power up my Pro 40.

9. Gino09

Gino09 Newbie

The card is in,,about to turn on my Pro 40,,stay tuned please.

Still flickering,,,,:snuffy:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2021

Attached Files:

• TI.png
      TI.png
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
  10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Can you explain a little - what is flickering or what error message do you have?
    Windows 10 User ? Which power supply did you use?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  11. Amore_de_la_Vida

Yes I would like too having an explanation of what you mean by "flickering"... Perhaps have you an audio example?

Is your audio system 100% OK? For example, if you have studio monitors (or headphones), are you sure that you don't have a bad cable, or a deficient amplifier, or, in a more general way, an electronic problem that's not directly related to you computer?

Have you unticked the little case "Authorize the system to..." in the IEE1394 card drivers' properties?

EDIT: Just remembered one thing: I had to restart my old computer several times after have installed the card, I dunno why, perhaps it was a question of IRQ?

12. Gino09

Gino09 Newbie

Most likely you didn't read the original thread. When I turn on my Focusrite Pro 40, the lED's named Locked and FW Active start flickering when they should be steady. My new PC and cables are fine. I will check the third item in your post to see if I did or not. I will get back to yo on that.

13. Gino09

Gino09 Newbie

I don't see " Authorize the system,," under IEE card driver property!?

Attached Files:

• IEE.png
      IEE.png
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
  14. Amore_de_la_Vida

Hey, you're right! there isn't any "energy saving" setting...

Just a last question: Is it the windows' automatically installed driver? Or the vendor's driver? Because there is a difference.

If your leds are flickering, it is often due to a loss of synch with the comp. In any case, even if you're sure that your cables are in perfect condition, perhaps could you try another Firewire 400 cable?

If you're sure about all your cables, and have explored all the possibilities, there is unfortunately only one explanation remaining: Your Focusrite could have an internal problem.

(EDIT: or could it be a Firmware update that have been brutally interrupted? I remember that when you update the firmware, all the focusrite interfaces blink. This is a fragile situation, if you have a power interruption at this precise moment, it could almost brick your interface! It's why I have a PSU with battery...)

If this problem is causing no sound interruption, loss of synchro, harsh distortion nor audio dropout, then you're lucky: it is only a cosmetic problem, you can keep on using this interface, even if this blinking must not be pleasing to the eyes... In this case just try to hide the LEDs how you can.

Now everything is in your ears: just load big projects in your DAW, set the latency to around 512 (for now, just for testing), play them, close your eyes and see if there is any actual audio problem, or not?

Do you have installed the Last Saffire Mix Control v3.7?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  15. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Gino09

Gino09 Newbie

Can't be Focusite problem, I have Dell PC next to my new PC with PT 12,,same focusrite,,work perfect over there. Yes I have latest driver 3.7

17. Gino09

Gino09 Newbie

I am going to switch the Firewire cables,,from Dell to my new PC and see what happens. No worries,,I turn all PC's off before I do the switching.

18. Gino09

Gino09 Newbie

Interesting,,after i switched cables,,now Locked is steady green,,but FW is dead.

Attached Files:

19. Amore_de_la_Vida

This a progress, at least!

So perhaps you should try another cable.... Or, if ever it really works and you can hear sound with no glitches, it is good!

>>> Important: In the Focusrite mix control program, there is a "synchro" setting, you have to set it to "internal", very important!

You can even save your settings, in any case.

If it's just that, so for me it's nothing, your interface is in perfect shape, nothing to change! :wink:

(you can remove the plastic paper on the Vu meters, it doesn't support well high temperatures...)

20. Gino09

Gino09 Newbie

No, when I open my recording software, PT 12, it's saying Interface could not be initialized. I removed the plastic. I am going to try to find me a recording engineer close by and see what happens.