My first song I made seriously

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by demberto, Jun 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Hope you like it, please feedback :)
    Ik the kick needs to be more punchy ;)

3. Richard van Enteren

Richard van Enteren Newbie

For your first serious song I find it not bad at all. I like the middle part the most but it seems like there are two genres in one song. Maybe think out a rearrangement and some more interesting drumparts. A bit difficult to write all of this in English, Dutch would be easier . But your on the right track with this first attempt. Keep the tracks on coming and I hope you're enjoy making more of this.

4. clipper

clipper Producer

Good chords @1:15 but the percussion overall is not on my line, neither are the synths, too harsh, mainstream.

5. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Yea i think of adding brass stabs and a longer break probably. I am already at like 92% CPU use and crackling in the break, so its time to consolidate, which i hate tbh.

Thanks, I wanted to make a SaberZ style track, but ended up making a progressive house + big room track instead

Upon listening it a few more times, especially from different sources I find more mistakes in it, in terms of mixing and sounds. Thanks anyways to both of you.

6. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

The Police made a musical mark in history by combining Reggae with Punk Rock (over-generalisation). There are no boundaries to art.
    In saying that, possibly one of the more successful tools many writers suggest is a formula. This is done for a layout to consolidate it so there is a solid plan from start to end. This is not the only way to do any tune. There is no one hard and fast rule.
    Each person, myself included could put their opinion forward which would have a degree of personal like and dislike. It is a very rare thing to see total impartiality. Actually, I have never seen one professional critic ever do it.

A suggestion is to analyse a lot of the artist's structures you really like and what it is they do to achieve what it is that you love about it. In a way that is a formula. Then do this again with another artist, then another until you come up with your own. That might be the most useful thing I can offer.