My first D.I.Y. with VST

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by rhythmatist, Nov 20, 2011.

1. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

http://soundcloud.com/allen-lee-geddes/just-my-turn# I am always grateful when anybody bothers to use up 4 minutes of their life to listen to some crap that I created.

3. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Hey I really like that song, reminds of a show I would have gone to see in the 90s, kind of some Faith No More\Mr.Bungle sound for awhile, and then that ska sound kicked in, kind of like Pepper or something. Pretty cool, and it's all you eh? Nice

4. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

The horns, guitars(except bass), some of the keys are chopped up WAV files, everything else I played along to the click. I still didn't have a MIDI interface or a multi channel interface when I did this so everything is pretty much recorded in real time (and it shows in a couple places). Drums were four mics mixed to one stereo track. I got lucky there. Burninstar tweaked my final stero mix a little with I have no idea what with. have more toys now, so am looking forward to nest song. Thanks again.

5. Mental Exchange Department

Mental Exchange Department Newbie

Reminds me a bit of frank Zappa :wink:

6. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

But I did "mean that most sincerely"!

7. hoodhendrix

hoodhendrix Member

oooooooooook first of all i have a chevy avalanche with two 15 inch kickers and killer everything else. i will be bumpin this on there for phase 2. But seriously i love the creativity in the track im for that 100 percent. are you familiar with the band CAKE? reminds me of them a little.

8. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

Don't have a car so I never got to try my mix on auto audio. Don't have a subwoofer to mix with in my home studio, so let me know how it feels "down there". lol I wanted drums to have serious attack feel, just because thats what I mainly do. Positive feedback here is very encouraging.

9. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

Nice tune. I agree this is very creative and great sounding for a DIY track. From market's point of view however it is a little late as 90s Pop/Rock with 80s influenced production doesn't exactly sell like hot cakes anymore. Its not a timeless style, it is very specific Retro sound (one that wasn't too long lasting). Even the artists involved with this era have left the sound back and adapted more modern approach. So I would sincerely suggest that you also follow some of what is going on currently in the music, or take on a more timeless-evergreen style. This is the only criticism I have as I don't see any technical/creative fault in the production.

10. Mental Exchange Department

Mental Exchange Department Newbie

Of coarse I did, I woulndnt say it other wise. Retro years is ok. Wether you get sales or not. who gives a fck I dont.Its nice to hear what differnt types of stuff people are doing.

11. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

Was lucky enough to see F.Z. 4 or 5 times. You never knew if he was going to play a serious song or a humorous one from one moment to the next. He always had a top notch band.

12. mikepick

mikepick Newbie

Very nice!