My first album

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by DonaldTwain, Jan 13, 2021.

1. DonaldTwain

DonaldTwain Kapellmeister

I had no idea they could be used for anything other than making loud bits quieter and quiet bits louder.

2. DonaldTwain

That's the problem - I don't know how to acquire that knowledge beyond trying things out for myself. But as I don't know what I'm looking for, I could be looking for a looooong time. It's the 'unknown unknowns' as Donald Rumsfeld once put it - I don't know that I don't know I'm missing particular steps in my mixing/mastering workflow.

Haha, I was initially annoyed by how much NoAvenger had improved it but quickly realised it was more with myself for not having the skillset I thought I did.

I don't necessarily agree with the last part. Pretty much everything is an acquirable skill and all skills can be improved if you're prepared to put the work in. I don't think people are born to do a particular thing, I think they just find it more enjoyable and so become better at it as a result.

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

This is one aspect of several.

[​IMG] You're welcome. :winker:

4. DonaldTwain

I played around with a transient designer on a different track yesterday and got some very pleasing results so I'm thinking of spending part of the weekend practicing with the other tools you listed. Would you mind briefly giving me an idea of what I should be doing/listening for with each of them please?

5. nΛve

nΛve Member

The first you say? So I'm looking forward to you posting the second one right now!:yes:

I really like classical and cinematographic music. Here are very worked compositions. Congratulations.

I think the mix could be improved, create a little more 3d space so that the instruments find their place and not collide with each other.

Hey, thanks for sharing.